Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Challenge House Cleaning & Getting your sewing rooms organized   Enjoy! >

Challenge House Cleaning & Getting your sewing rooms organized Enjoy!

Challenge House Cleaning & Getting your sewing rooms organized Enjoy!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 PM

I want some of your energy too! Right now I'm not allowed to do anything until something is done about this pinched siatic nerve. Finally get some time at home, and can't do anything...frustrating!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM

How much do you charge!! In the midst of moving I have 2 houses to keep clean and organized!! (Did I just say organized??)
Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 PM

Karen, You have tired me right out!! ( also making me feel guilty! ) LOL
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 AM

I am doing the same thing but much slower. We have lived in the same house for 28 years and raised three kids here. I cannot believe the amount of cr*p we have accumulated. We are going to reduce and simplify. I need to rent one of those huge dumpsters and just throw everything away and start over. Sheesh.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 AM

I'm cleaning and Packing? I'm moving out in 3 weeks so I have to start packing up everything and getting it all ready to go... We move into the new place in 4 weeks.

I know they don't match up but it is just how it worked out with the real estate and all.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:12 AM

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, it took me 4 days just to do my sewing stuff. Now the house is all nice and organized, and clean too. I have been off work for 9 months following knee surgery, now it is time to go back. So less time to sew I am sorry to say, off to work on Monday. I will still check in you you all as much as I can.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Originally Posted by craftybear
Who is next?????
I'm next --- you're coming here to do my house right? :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Ok I am after her! I need a huge Purging!! Oh ya and when you get to the sewing room what won't fit take with you!
No fair!!! You can't bribe her with sewing stuff! (But I would have if I had thought of it first!)
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 AM

I've been going through things and filling boxes and bins for a yard sale. I realize that my kids don't want my 'stuff', (they don't even know what Princess House is!)so I'll get rid of it. So far, I have 6 boxes, and I'm just about ready.
My guild has a bi-annual yard sale, so I already have 2 boxes for that one. Only other quilters would appreciate what I have.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM

we live on 5 acres so at least once a year we have a family get together here, this year it's in July for my mom's 80th birthday. it will be outside but I always to the inside from top to bottom . it's the only time my sisters are here so they think I'm an excellent housekeeper! if they ever sneak up on me my secret will be out! I only work at my job for about 3-4 hrs a day so when I'm home I sew for a couple hrs then work on the house for an hour! there's only the 2 of us so it doesn't get undone too fast.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:28 AM

I work full-time, have started a quilting/prayer ministry at church, am co-chair of the fellowship committee at church w/my hubby, and have my youngest son and his two daughters living with us (ages 4 & 2). Needless to say my days are usually pretty full. I try to keep up on everything and hire a teenager to come twice a month to help with the mopping, cleaning tubs, etc. This year I'm taking 1 month off from work to stay home and do what I WANT TO DO! I've started a list and so far I plan on deep cleaning the shower and tub, sorting and putting away things throughout the house (like little girl hair "stuff"), floating in the pool, reading, and LOTS OF QUILTING TIME! I recently bought the fabric to make us a king-sized quilt for our bed and plan to complete at least the top. I also have 3 quilt tops ready to quilt and some paperdoll fabric that I'm itching to make into fabric/paperdolls when the little girls are at their mom's house (3 days a week). This all starts on July 1...oh and hubby just left on a 7 day work trip...I'm counting the days/hours/minutes to the 1st of July...