Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Challenge House Cleaning & Getting your sewing rooms organized   Enjoy! >

Challenge House Cleaning & Getting your sewing rooms organized Enjoy!

Challenge House Cleaning & Getting your sewing rooms organized Enjoy!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Gosh, ya want to come over????? I need some of your enegy!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi Everyone,

I am in one of those cleaning moods so I have been busy cleaning house (getting rid of things that I don't want), today I worked in the kitchen cabinets and dusted them out and got rid of food that had expired

yesterday I cleaned the bathrooms, bathroom closet and got rid of some old night gowns (why am I still wearing those) ha ha

Also found some medicine that is out of date so out it went, wow, the bath is all done (sure looks nice)

I worked on the small bathroom and got the rugs washed today

I went to bed at 9:00 pm last night was exhausted (woke up at 1:00 am. and cleaned and organized the 2 craft rooms, decided to take the John Deere fabric off of the bolt, so I used my big ruler to re wind it sure saves space that way

(so hubby burnt the cardboard sleeves this am for me)

I have been very busy and just cleaning, pitching and burning boxes, etc.

Tomorrow I hope to get our sunporch done! as I started it today

Also been going thru my clothes, and ones that are old and nasty out the door and donating the other clothes to a local nursing home (I took clothes to them last Christmas, old shavers etc. and they liked the things) I received a thank you note from the office manager of that nursing home

Several weeks later I took 3 more bags of clothes, shoes, purses and she told me she wished more people would donate things to the nursing homes
Okay...I declare you the winner :) :) :)
Old 06-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Google Goddess

Awesome, it is now July 1st what are you working on today????

Originally Posted by Diannia
I work full-time, have started a quilting/prayer ministry at church, am co-chair of the fellowship committee at church w/my hubby, and have my youngest son and his two daughters living with us (ages 4 & 2). Needless to say my days are usually pretty full. I try to keep up on everything and hire a teenager to come twice a month to help with the mopping, cleaning tubs, etc. This year I'm taking 1 month off from work to stay home and do what I WANT TO DO! I've started a list and so far I plan on deep cleaning the shower and tub, sorting and putting away things throughout the house (like little girl hair "stuff"), floating in the pool, reading, and LOTS OF QUILTING TIME! I recently bought the fabric to make us a king-sized quilt for our bed and plan to complete at least the top. I also have 3 quilt tops ready to quilt and some paperdoll fabric that I'm itching to make into fabric/paperdolls when the little girls are at their mom's house (3 days a week). This all starts on July 1...oh and hubby just left on a 7 day work trip...I'm counting the days/hours/minutes to the 1st of July...
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Google Goddess

Come on quilters, what have you got done! You know it makes you feel better!

Come on let's clean and organize together!!!!

I have found things that I forgot I had! ha ha
Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Google Goddess

Who is working on this challenge!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:37 AM

OK, give us westerners a break! It's 2 hours earlier here, so I haven't gotten anything done yet except read the paper & check my emails!

My plan for the day: I will go through the storage room and find more things for my garage sale on Saturday. Tonight DH & I will clean out the garage & storage shed. Then tomorrow my daughter & I will set up for the sale.

In between that, I am almost done cutting the pieces for a "September Sun" quilt, so I hope to get the rest cut today.

And of course, now that I have a working computer again I will be checking in with my friends (all of you) several times today!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Google Goddess

awesome, glad you are cleaning things out, it sure makes you feel good

Originally Posted by Marlys
OK, give us westerners a break! It's 2 hours earlier here, so I haven't gotten anything done yet except read the paper & check my emails!

My plan for the day: I will go through the storage room and find more things for my garage sale on Saturday. Tonight DH & I will clean out the garage & storage shed. Then tomorrow my daughter & I will set up for the sale.

In between that, I am almost done cutting the pieces for a "September Sun" quilt, so I hope to get the rest cut today.

And of course, now that I have a working computer again I will be checking in with my friends (all of you) several times today!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fors
I've been going through things and filling boxes and bins for a yard sale. I realize that my kids don't want my 'stuff', (they don't even know what Princess House is!)so I'll get rid of it. So far, I have 6 boxes, and I'm just about ready.
My guild has a bi-annual yard sale, so I already have 2 boxes for that one. Only other quilters would appreciate what I have.
Oh my! Wish I lived near you. I LOVE Princess House. I sold it for awhile back in the late 90s and then again about five years ago. I use some of mine daily.