Challenged?

Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM

If I look at a post, especially the pictures, I feel I should comment. Sometimes everything I would have said, has been said. In that case I sometimes just put :thumbup: :D :thumbup: . This is to let the poster know I liked what I saw.....
Old 02-03-2011, 02:26 PM

If you check the home page, at the bottom, there are almost 24,000 users of the Quilt Board. Surely, there's someone out there who might view it as a competition (in fact, I think there was a bit of a tiff last year about this). That said, I think the Ivory soap percentage of us post when we have time, are moved, etc., not to become top poster. This is really a good group of people!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:38 PM

I like the one word beatifuls but when there is a request for help sometimes they are not helpful.

Originally Posted by livenlearn124
Is there some sort of unmentioned challenge as to who can be the first to post on a topic, or who has the most posts or top poster of the day??? Or is it a full on contest?

I see MANY MANY posts with the same users as the top few replies, some with a one word comment as if they are in a competition against each other.

Just wondering.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Good grief, life is too short to work on that kind of challenge. I look at a few that interest me and leave a comment if I can. If you look at the statistics for one of your own topics you will see that there are many more browsers than there are people who will leave comments.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM

Not competing, just commenting when the moment strikes me. Trying to participate and encourage. I don't offer much advice because I'm a bit shy and insecure about my skill level. I'm pretty new here and really appreciate all the people who take the time to comment, even if only one word.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 PM

No competition that I know of. I just like to comment on pictures and welcome those who are new. I tend to "pop" in and out of the board a lot. I'm not one for a lot of words.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Good grief, life is too short to work on that kind of challenge. I look at a few that interest me and leave a comment if I can. If you look at the statistics for one of your own topics you will see that there are many more browsers than there are people who will leave comments.

I'm with you......many posts have so many good answers I don't even bother with my opinion as many times they have been repeated over and over which is fine as most are my opinions as well. Life is busy for many of us and others have much more time for various reasons to post more often. An example is I enjoy looking at all the beautiful quilts created by others but seldom say anything as many members have already expressed my own thoughts.

I guess I choose randomly as to what I will post to given my feelings at the moment. Sometimes I am considered "regular" and sometimes not depending on when I have time to get on the board. The only real reason you need to be a "regular" poster is if you want to sell on the board. Other than that it is your own personal time constraints and busyness with other aspects of your life including all the quilting you might be doing.

But to answer your specific question....No, I don't feel there is a competition for posting.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:14 AM

I have to admit I did try to get 1000 post but other than that, I don't think anyone has a challenge and over time the names that become familiar with posting changes. I think it is whomever has the time- posts.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM

I feel people want a comment when they post their work---even well done!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
This is true. I just looked at the last topic I posted. There were 97 viewers and only 1 comment. Not too good odds huh?LOL