CHOOSING A MATTRESS

Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 PM

We purchased a 4 inch memory foam topper for our die-ing mattress and OH do we ever love, love, love it. Cozy as can be and I don't think it's really any warmer in the summer than a regular mattress.

We bought it at Sam's Club 3+ years ago but I can't remember how much it cost. Maybe $150- - $200??
Old 06-20-2011, 09:31 PM

I have degenerative disc disease, arthritic hips and shoulders. I have had several back injuries from car accidents, and a couple 'on the job' back injuries. I tell you all this to say that I bought a 'Tempurpedic sleep system' 5 years ago. and for the first time in years, I sleep pain free. I will never own any other. IMHO :thumbup:

* I bought the extra firm.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:17 PM

Half of my family swears by Temperpedic and the other half swears by sleep number.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
We already have that....& don't notice a difference when it's on the bed.

Originally Posted by amma
What about trying a memory foam pad on the top of your mattress to see how you like it? :D:D:D
We have a mem foam pad on ours and I hate it, DH loves it. It does sag where our bodies lie. I have used the sleep # when I had the two sleep studies in the hospital. Just absolutely loved it. Have talked to other people that have one and they say the same thing, they love their sleep #.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 AM

love my sleep number with memory foam on it
Old 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM

We're looking into a Sleep Number mattress & have been offered a used one.The deal sounds good,but would like to hear from owners.Can you set it up, or does that need to be done by delivery ppl?
We have good split springs for a King size bed.Will it work with a sleep number, or would it be better to take/use the springs that comes with it?
You can PM me with any other advice you have.

Originally Posted by running1
My DH says (and I agree) that our Sleep Number mattress (you sleep on air!!) is the best investment we've ever made... Several friends bought one too, after we went on so about ours!! 3 out of 4 couples just love theirs, too... but 1 did not... gave it to her DD and DSIL and they love it? DH had backaches... gone!!

I won't ever sleep on anything else!!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 PM

I have artiritis in my hips and knees. We have a Denver Mattress Co. Doctor's Choice and I love it.
My daughter has one of the foam ones and I slept very well on it but when I woke in the morning I almost screamed in pain. Since I didn't move all night when I did every joint in my body hurt when I moved.