Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Christmas eve

Christmas eve

Good morning all. It is now 7 am here in Sydney a cloudy but warm morning with some drizzle. Today I will be cooking the turkey and roast vegetables for our family Christmas lunch tomorrow. My parents, an elderly uncle, our son, granddaughter, daughter-in-law as well as her parents will be joining us.

I want to wish every member of the board a happy Christmas and all the best for 2015. Thank you for all the inspiration that is provided each and every day when I come in here and see all the lovely work that is a feast for my eyes.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the wishes... and right back at you. my mouth is watering
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas from NE Ohio.

Blog Entries
    , And a good Morning to you also. It is 5:32 AM here in St. Paul, Minnesota - warm out - +37, no snow, wet, humid and kinda foggy. But it is still Christmas Eve Day. I am going to my sister in law's this afternoon and then come home, hoping it didn't snow and then start in for tomorrow when the kids come over and then on Saturday I have my sibs and their families coming over. Some of the neighbors will be dropping over, also.

Good day for a Christmas, eh?

God Bless our Troops and God Bless us Everyone. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Good morning. It's 72 degrees and humid outside. We are expecting thunderstorms this PM. We are having burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner and then will attend a children's program at church. Tomorrow, we'll open presents and then have breakfast (overnight French toast) followed by opening presents. The PM will be dinner with au gratin potatoes, Honey Baked Ham, peas with pearl onions, two pies. Then I get to scurry around and make potato and taco soups for friends who are invited to come visit on Boxing Day. It's a busy time, but I"m loving it!

Merry Christmas and may the day be peaceful!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Good afternoon and a peaceful Christmas Eve to all from England UK. A bright sunny day not cold but need a coat. Just not the weather we expect for Christmas. Early tomorrow off on30 mile run to church so hope weather stays the same.
    Peace to all.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Happy holidays and merry Christmas to all from Southern California. It's been warm here, close to 80 degrees yesterday. Colder at night though. Will be spending the day with hubby's family. I will miss my grown kids but it will be a good day anyway. Today I plan to go walking on the beach since it is my favorite place.

Merry CHRISTmas from Oklahoma where it is cloudy and 35.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Wink Christmas

Good morning, Buckeye (Thumbelina). I really do miss Ohio.
    Dodee And, by the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.
    Last edited by Dodee; 12-24-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Left off something

Hope everyone's Christmas is just what they would like this year! Hubs and I will be involved in music at 2 churches: 5 and 11 PM. We'll rest tomorrow. Best to everyone!

Happy Christmas Eve from SE Washington, where Santa may need a boat to deliver his goodies tonight! Unusual for us to have a real rain - usually just overcast and drizzly here, though usually colder in December. Will be in the 40's today. I'm still (almost, really!) frantically working on a quilt for my son and his girlfriend. I won't get it done today, though, no matter how hard I work, so maybe I just ought to finish Christmas shopping instead!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to ALL!

Margaret
    Margaret F

Merry Christmas from warm (40's tonight), rainy New Hampshire. For Christmas Day...rain and in the high 50's to low 60's. Not bad for late December in New England. Glad it isn't a white Christmas (bah humbug!)...

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Merry Christmas to you as well from Florida!
    Sandra

Merry Christmas to all from north east Wyoming. There is a very little snow on the ground, but a storm is heading our way.
    Judy from Wyoming

Merry Christmas to all from south west FL --Bonita Springs -where we just got a rain shower after dinner.

Christmas Day will be spent differently this yr as we are driving to Ocala Fl to the hospital since my only brother 62 yrs had a heart attack 12 days ago. He can not eat/drink due to throat issue but I am bringing very special sweets for the other 4 of us to have with coffee in his room since he was moved from ICU. Over 4 hr drive but very necessary to me as otherwise it was not a stressful season --all stress due to this attack because the hospital didn't know he had family and didn't call my sil --She kept phoning his cell and eventually the ICU nurse answered at 1 in morning . He is surviving so that is all we wanted for Christmas .
    Oh and now I don't have to cook and have them here so maybe I saved some calories.

Merry Christmas all it is 11:19 pm here Christmas Eve and I just want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and thank you for all of your wonderful posts through out this past year. I have laughed, smiled, an occasional ah-ha moment, and cried. Thank you for your friendship, inspiration and laughter. Hope you have many wonderful blessings in the New Year 2015!

Blog Entries

Merry Christmas from Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by roserips View Post
    Merry Christmas all it is 11:19 pm here Christmas Eve and I just want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and thank you for all of your wonderful posts through out this past year. I have laughed, smiled, an occasional ah-ha moment, and cried. Thank you for your friendship, inspiration and laughter. Hope you have many wonderful blessings in the New Year 2015!
    It is Christmas morning here in Waddell, Az and it is 41 degrees. Spent a wonderful Christmas Eve with 2 granddaughters, their husbands, and 4 great-grandchildren - including 1 year old twins! What a joy to see their faces as they learned all about Christmas trees and presents. Have a blessed day. Going to see Unbroken this afternoon - maybe eat out too!

Power Poster
    Best wishes to you and your family from South Carolina...