Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Christmas Tea favors ideas? >

Christmas Tea favors ideas?

Christmas Tea favors ideas?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:46 PM

A few years ago I had to make quite a few favors for the Christmas church "social". After racking my brain for so long, and loosing time thinking I finally recruited a few of the other women and we made simple white origami doves and stars, put a string at the top and gave them as ornaments.

Each volunteer helper purchased the origami paper (told which to buy so all would match). That way no one person has to put out all the money.

They looked so beautiful on the table.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 PM

How about sugar cube crosses held together with a small amount of frosting between the cubes?

Sewing wise how about mug rugs?

Another idea is to make pasta angels ornaments (sorry no sewing with these).
Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marymm
600 favors seem almost impossible. How about printing bookmarks? You could find some cute clipart, free I'm sure on net. Then you could get a nice quote (possibly the one about strong women). You could set up your own template and print probaby five, maybe six or seven, per sheet of cardstock. You could use colored cardstock if you want. If you have time and a number of helpers you could use a hole punch near bottom and add a simple yarn tasseel. There are a number of wonderful quotes about tea if you google " tea quotes."...However, that is still an awful lot of work. Printing it all in black would save money. Just use a nice typeface. Another idea would be to print up recipe cards, possibly for teacakes or tea breads.
If doing book marks, you could have them laminated for minimal cost. And perhaps someone would have access to a laminator thru their business or network, and do them for free? Or an office supply place might do them free, or reduced cost?