Cleaning like crazy!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:37 PM

I worked all day and am pooped. Tomorrow I will get the rake out and the hoe..ie just hit the spots that bother me. After the tribe leaves,I'll" swish around seriously.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 PM

No cleaning necessary here. lol We're not having company - we're being company. Have a Very Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:03 PM

I always figured that if I lived in it, they could visit in it.....if they don't wanna, that's fine too.....
Old 12-25-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
My nana said that she never minded if people wrote in the dust. She said that we just couldn't "date" it. She said the greatest waste of time in her life was over cleaning... I refuse to make that mistake. I own minimal amount of things and do all cleaning on Saturday morning as fast as humanly possible. My house is immaculately clean. I just streamlined the process.
I could sure use your advice as to how you streamline the process. I'm trying to get rid of stuff but I keep finding more, I could swear it's growing out of the ground. It is true though the less you have the less you have to keep clean.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 AM

Amen to that, I think that is a very healthy attitude. Some of my favorite quotes are in that vein. "If you are coming to see me, come anytime. If you are coming to see my house, call first." "My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy" . Works for me! [zogQUOTE=momto5;5739195]I always figured that if I lived in it, they could visit in it.....if they don't wanna, that's fine too.....[/QUOTE]
Old 12-25-2012, 07:49 AM

I have relaxed a lot about house work. I have all hard wood floors so they get swept daily-- mopped when needed--dishes don't get done til there is enough to waste dish soap on--sewing room has a door--bed gets made--bathroom is always clean--the only spot in the house that needs a lot of attention is my desk. Its become the spot for all things I don't want to lose. I think I need a bigger desk that sets inside a large cabinet with doors. If the church ladies show up unexpected I would not be embarrassed -- so its clean enough
Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 AM

do clean a little but do more when everyone leaves
Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Yes, I have been doing the same! I have company coming Thursday and Friday. I am to "only" make a strawberry pretzel salad, others are bringing other foods. I did make cookies, brownies, cornflake cookies to pass around later after opening presents. I still have some minor cleaning--last "go over" in hall bath, mop kitchen floor, rug vacuum on needed areas, sewing room in order. I may take a nap after todays cleaning. (up at 5:30 to visit son's family).I do have one more gift to wrap but will do that tomorrow. Have a safe and fun Christmas and Happy New Years! Marilyn
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM

I am a neat person who lives with a messy one. If it were not because he has so many other redeeming features, he would have been history 35 years ago. I teasingly call him the mouse because he is always leaving a trail of crumbs and clothes. The worst part is that he does not even see the mess he makes. After I clean a room, I pointedly tell him to stay out of there. I have been cleaning but unfortunately "my mouse" has been having free rein in the house this holiday week. Oh well, he is a keeper so I will quit bellyaching. LOL
Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by decky View Post
I just pick up and call it good. I clean good after everyone leaves.

Pat in MN
This was always my mother's philosophy: make sure the bathrooms are clean because "they" (company) turns on the bright lights. Dust noticeable surfaces and do a quick sweep and vacuum. Invite your guests and enjoy them and don't sweat any messes they might make. Then clean well afterward! It has worked for me!