Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cough mixture

Blog Entries
    The trick with the honey is that it should be local honey. Fortunately, we have a group of beekeepers and a small local grocery that sells local honey.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

I got a prescription for coughing from my Dr. Didn't work, got another, didn't work, got another and it worked great. You have to find the one that works for you. Next time you will know what to ask the Dr. for.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

the flu shot that's being given every year is an educated guess by the CDC. it covers the viruses that the experts think will come through. this year. they guessed wrong. the flu shot is still important--but the shot covered the type "B" flu--and the one that has hit, everywhere is type "A"--the bird flu. yes, it can lead to pneumonia. don't mess with a persistent cough. go to the doc. bronchitis can become chronic. yes, lung cancer is sometimes the cause of a persistent cough, as well. so is emphysema. but dang, people--get the darned shot. people die from the flu--there have been 7 deaths in our state this year, already. and if you are already immunocompromised, with diabetes, chronic disease of any kind, you need the protection. i want to live long enough to use all this fabric, and i don't want to get more by going to someone's estate sale...
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    My Mom put Musterole on our chests and then when it got a little better it was Vicks on our feet with socks, , Vicks on our chest and then up the nose. A cold will last either one week or seven days - That's it! But now that I can have whatever all of you are having, it's no big deal. Whoo hoo -12 years old and I get some hot booze cuz I got a cold". We had a cough medicine from the drug store (back in the 50's) that was so full of codeine, it would put you to sleep. They, eventually too it off the market. And I can't remember the name of it. Tasted cherry like, but ooh, it felt good going down. I still don't like colds!!!!! Edie
    Was it Cheracol? If so, it is still available. It was a prescription cough syrup. I remember it didn't take much.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2