Crabby Old Man

Old 10-29-2011, 04:14 AM

I am copying and pasting this into a file on my desktop to review in the years ahead. Thank you so much for sharing it....a good reminder that all people, of any age, have value and should be treated as a person.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 AM

It made me cry. Thank you for sharing. May I take it to the Senior Center to share?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 AM

thanks for sharing. i have a father in a nursing home and i will print this out and take it with me this weekend when i go to see him.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:37 AM

Thanks for the tears this morning. A good reminder.

I as going to clean house and sew today but I think I will go visit my mom for the day while I still have a chance. She is 84 years young and in poor health. yep, that is what I will do.
thanks again for a beautiful poem to put on my frig.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 AM

amazing poem Barb
Old 10-29-2011, 05:46 AM

I agree, they need to put his name on it. I really hate it when they find something and say they don't know who. So many anonymous authors in this world. Really speaks from the heart.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 AM

I just lost my Dad last month. He was 86. His last days were like this but he was not crabby. He let us feed him a bite or two and clean him up when he was wet but I know in his mind he didn't want to depend on us for these things. His last understandable words were "Come on Lord" and " I love you Jesus". I miss him a lot and my Mom (his wife of 66 years) will miss him forever. I know he is happy now and to me that makes me feel better.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 AM

Thank you so very much. I sure do need this. You see I have my Mom (88) and my sister who is legally blind & slow learner now living with me (1 1/2 yrs now) There are some days that I just want to run away. Mom had a stroke before she came here, that's why she is here. She now has trouble walking, arthur, she just doesn't want to help herself. She has fallen 3 times in the past month & all 3 times I have had to get her up by myself as DH wasn't home. Last sat getting out of the shower she went down & really hurt my wrist. I am saying to myself that I can't do this & hurt myself. I now have bleeding ulcers from worrying about what I will have to do with her. I feel so quilty even thinking about putting her in a nursing home, but she is a big woman & I am rather small & I just can't lift on her. Oh if she would just want to help herself & walk more so she doesn't get so she can't. Dr told her she needs a hip replacement. She has both knees replaced. I just don't know what to do.
Reading this poem makes me want to get in her mind & see what she is thinking. She is sharp & has no mental problems, just doesn't want to walk.
Thanks for the poem & letting me vent too. Sorry this is so long. Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 10-29-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by DJRustic
Thank you so very much. I sure do need this. You see I have my Mom (88) and my sister who is legally blind & slow learner now living with me (1 1/2 yrs now) There are some days that I just want to run away. Mom had a stroke before she came here, that's why she is here. She now has trouble walking, arthur, she just doesn't want to help herself. She has fallen 3 times in the past month & all 3 times I have had to get her up by myself as DH wasn't home. Last sat getting out of the shower she went down & really hurt my wrist. I am saying to myself that I can't do this & hurt myself. I now have bleeding ulcers from worrying about what I will have to do with her. I feel so quilty even thinking about putting her in a nursing home, but she is a big woman & I am rather small & I just can't lift on her. Oh if she would just want to help herself & walk more so she doesn't get so she can't. Dr told her she needs a hip replacement. She has both knees replaced. I just don't know what to do.
Reading this poem makes me want to get in her mind & see what she is thinking. She is sharp & has no mental problems, just doesn't want to walk.
Thanks for the poem & letting me vent too. Sorry this is so long. Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 AM

Donna the Rustic Quilter. You really need to check in to home nursing assistance. NO ONE can do it alone and you do have your hands full with both and spouse and family and house and home. Start making phone calls now to get the help you need before you are in a position that you cannot help yourself much less anyone else. Sorry this is long but I do care about you even if we have never met.