Creatively Frustrated

Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

I don't know what is wrong today - maybe just too many things going on at once or too may quilt promises made or too many idea's floating around. I tried cleaning up around the house some to take a break but now the house is cleaned and the mind is still fluttering away!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 AM

I'll give you a hint. Ask a child about 8 to 10 years old to do this for you, to draw a picture of what he/she thinks your idea is.

My husband did that to my 9 year old daughter when we first married. As a talented artist himself, she and I were both pleased when he took her painting (about 8 X 10 inches) and framed it. He kept a straight face when visitors asked about it, saying that he had a rare P.J. Helbert original, and no, it wasn't for sale, even though no one had asked. It was like some of his, a swirl of colors with lots of black. Kinda neat, and I gave it to her recently so she could show her grandkids!!!!!

You might get another fabulous quilt like the lovely Van Gogh another quilter posted here some time ago.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 AM

Ok Pam....the only things I can get to come out are applique, I know you said no to that....that being said, I haven't done a bargello yet and not sure how to make it work. The program I have is not very helpful as of yet, because I am still learning it. I will keep working on this and will pm you when I get something solid.

I do get alot of my ideas from stained glass patterns and the b/w drawings of these look like coloring pages....check out a few from Spectrum Glass or Chantal you might find something that lights your fire.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:44 AM

I saw someone did a dresden plate basket and butterfly wall hanging in the pictures section.

Maybe something like that could get you started... also thinking outside the box 3-d pinwheel could be floppyeared rabbit (at least in my brain ;))
Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 AM

graph paper and that coloring book bunny. or check out counted cross stitch patterns. they are already gridded and you can just enlarge the squares. ala eleanor burns "cross stitch quilts". you can even use the gridded fusible webbing.

i have also seen log cabin blocks put together in bunny and dog shapes. just a matter of placing the colors the right direction, i think.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:54 AM

I know you don't want applique and too much stuff, but have your tried googling free Easter quilt patterns?

I think this pattern is really cute, but it has applique and no Baskets.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3280641/Be...erndiymoms-com
Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
Ok Pam....the only things I can get to come out are applique, I know you said no to that....that being said, I haven't done a bargello yet and not sure how to make it work. The program I have is not very helpful as of yet, because I am still learning it. I will keep working on this and will pm you when I get something solid.

I do get alot of my ideas from stained glass patterns and the b/w drawings of these look like coloring pages....check out a few from Spectrum Glass or Chantal you might find something that lights your fire.
I was just thinking of stained glass because its more squared!

Thank you so much for trying for me.....

I'm going to check these out as soon as I get DH out of the house and back to the office!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

The only reason I am against Aplique is because I don't know how to do it and I guess I could easily learn but that kind of stuff makes me nervous that I will mess it up!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:07 AM

Here's the dresden plate basket pic... http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111997-1.htm
Old 03-31-2011, 11:09 AM

Applique was the very first quilt I did...many small pieces and it urned out really good...will look for the pic... my avater was applique