Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Crushed!

Blog Entries
    Fellow quilters... beware!! I still can't believe what happened to me today. I finally saved up the cash to get the material to do my sisters quilt. Went in town to a small strip mall for fabrics. Had a great time "feeling" the fabric's and finally found exactly what I needed. She is a horse lover but can't do like she use to. Any way, I was putting the first bag in the car which had thread etc in it... turned around and a young woman was running off with my bag of fabric!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunned!!! shock!! She just disappeared when I looked for my phone to call the police.... no one in site.. anywhere? I usually do my shopping online because I have a bum knee, it is such a nice day here today I decided to get some fresh air and headed into town. I know to be aware of my surroundings but this takes the cake. Be very careful out there, you never know who is watching you.

Be sure and check surrounding dumpsters, when she discovers it is not what she thought she may throw it away. Been there, done that.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    I am sorry that happened to you! I can't believe that people think that theft is ok! <> to you!

Unbelievable! I hope you're okay though. I can't believe what some people would do. I'm sorry to hear about this happening.

Blog Entries
    Freaking people too damn lazy to make there own money, so they have to take from others...(grrrr)

Senior Member Claddaughquilting's Avatar
    How awful! Poor you! I would be terribly upset too.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    That's just aweful. I'm terribly sorry this happened to you. I just don't understand why ppl do things like this. Thankfully that's all she did.

Oh my goodness. What has this world come to.

I;, afraid with the economy the way it is, it;s going to get alot worse

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Be sure and check surrounding dumpsters, when she discovers it is not what she thought she may throw it away. Been there, done that.
    I really believe she knew what was in the bag.. although I will get my grandson to check the dumpsters.. thanks for the idea..

pab

Blog Entries
    wow,that is scary.I hope you are ok. pab

Blog Entries
    So sorry some idiot ruined your day!! I order a lot of my material online and have not been sorry. I hope maybe your grandson can find it for you.

As much as we like to shop by ourself....pretty sad we have to take along a body guard "hugs"

So sorry to hear of the fabric loss. I hope you can find it. Watch the internet and paper she might try and sell it on craig list

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You don't expect something like that to happen by a quilt shop/fabric store? Did you call the police? Dakotamaid has a good suggestion though.

Wow, that's a new one on me, but then I've worked retail in the past and people will steal anything! It's so sad some people work their butts off just to have LAZY idiots take things they have worked hard for. I believe their day is coming, maybe not here,but God sees everything you do.
    My am happy that you weren't physically hurt in the process!!!!

That's terrible! Maybe if you tell the people at the fabric store they may give you a discount on replacement fabric.

OMG!!!! I can't believe some people!! I am so sorry that happened to you. That really makes me MAD!!

The quilt shop people do need to know so they can ask for better security or inform the police for drive bys or SOMETHING. If nothing else they need to warn their customers - or see them to the door or ... SOMETHING.

So sorry this happened to you. Ruined a beautiful day and a wonderful adventure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanTx
    The quilt shop people do need to know so they can ask for better security or inform the police for drive bys or SOMETHING. If nothing else they need to warn their customers - or see them to the door or ... SOMETHING.

So sorry this happened to you. Ruined a beautiful day and a wonderful adventure.
    I did let the fabric store know what happened. Also called the police, they said they have had a few incidents in that area of town. People need to be warned, it is very dangerous out there. I'm thankful I'm fine,,, will be checking Craigs list and other places.

Blog Entries
    Was she in the quilt shop at the same time you were? Maybe the shop owners could place a face on this. Definately let the shop know & I would call the police too. Wonder if she knew what she was getting & looking for something for a quick sale. Heroin is rampid around here & I know of at least 2 people with kids on it. It's terrible, terrible, terrible that they are on it because it's so addicting but they will do anything for a quick fix. Good luck finding it & so glad you weren't physically hurt.

That is so awful. IMHO, there is nothing worse than a thief!

Could there be any security cameras around? I hope the police will catch her.

I am so very very sorry this has happened to you. Especially after saving for jsut the right gift. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    I;, afraid with the economy the way it is, it;s going to get alot worse
    I am afraid that you are right...

So sorry this happened to you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast