CSI with Ted Danson

Old 09-23-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by materialgrl
Someone else asked,what happened to fishburnes charactor, I missed a few episodes, so i am lost,I don't like danson either,but gotta watch Nick,what a hunk.
If I remember correctly, he was in trouble at the end of last season for shooting someone. I don't remember the exact details but I think it had to do with the Nate Haskell storyline.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ranger
Originally Posted by blondeslave
The show hasn't been the same since William Peterson left. I couldn't warm up to Lawrence Fishburn's character. I recorded the show last night but haven't watched it.
I feel the same.
Same here. I wish they would have left the cast alone. I mean, how do they feel? They've been with the show for years and the producers bring on some new person and push them aside. Meh.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by bettysew
Originally Posted by nativetexan
I caught it but not sure i'm going to keep watching it. I usually like Ted Danson but not in this part for some reason.
why did Peterson leave? ratings?
Peterson left because he wanted to do live theatre, his true calling. I can just see him playing a Shakespear character. He is indeed a good actor.
He still produces the show though, that must take a lot of time.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM

I have been a CSI junkie since it started. IMHO the show was ruined when they shipped Grissom and Sara however I persevered. I thought that Ray's character would ruin what was left but I was pleasantly surprised. I think Danson's character is just what the show needed. He is a quirky, fun, sensitive character and that is something that has been missing since the 5th year when Grissom lost his sense of humor.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
I did not see it, but will probably watch it IF Jorja Fox is not on. Her character was always too superior for me and never bought her and Peterson as a couple. She does not even spell correctly. Just used my spellcheck and her first name came up red.
you can spell your name any way you like. and most of us are named by our parents
Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by BobbiG
Husband and I watched last night and really liked Ted Danson's character. He was quirky and didn't attempt to be like Peterson's character.
I dvr'd it and have not watched it yet. Is his quirkiness that everyone has mentioned like a "MONK" CHARACTER THING?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by gale
Originally Posted by materialgrl
Someone else asked,what happened to fishburnes charactor, I missed a few episodes, so i am lost,I don't like danson either,but gotta watch Nick,what a hunk.
If I remember correctly, he was in trouble at the end of last season for shooting someone. I don't remember the exact details but I think it had to do with the Nate Haskell storyline.
In the new episode something was said about him being in Baltimore with his wife and doing well. I can't remember what happened in the finale either.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 AM
KLO

I watched most of it last night and although I have always liked Ted Danson, I do think it needs more that one show to make a judgement call on whether he is good in the part or not. Have not watched it for a couple of years now as, like others, I missed Griscom (love the bug man story line) and Sara and it just got too gross and dark for me personally. Never really cared for Kathryn but I think that probably means she is a good actress. Characters come and go when a show hangs around for a long time. It's just the way it is.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:23 AM

I did not like Ted Danson character or the show. I'll watch one more time, but I think it's off my list of shows to watch.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM

I think Ted Danson will work out as the writers work on the personality of the character. The show needs new people and bring in other personalities. I'll continue to watch it.