Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 PM

thanks, pam! she is only 4 months old, but i think she looks about 3 yrs old in the one with the hat! i can't wait to see her and HOLD her in january! we'll put the dogs in a posh pet hotel and spend a few days with the kids! her mom is letting me talk to her every day so she will find me familiar. she's so sweet!!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:04 PM

Hey yall!!! How in the world are you?????

I have been mia for way too long. But I am back and thrilled to be back!

I hope everyone is doing well. Im am doing well. The weight is coming off slowly now, which is fine, I am just happy I am still losing.

I bought for myself a really nice camera for Christmas. I will take some pics tomorrow of my Turkish Spice Market quilt I have been slaving over. If I sew all day tomorrow and Thursday I might be able to get the top done. I really need to get the top done! *sigh* Oh well. lol

I will be in and out until Christmas. After that I am going to Nebraska for a few weeks to be with my honey Cathie.

Anyway...thinking of yall and missing yall!!

Missy
Old 12-21-2011, 07:06 AM

I love the pictures! Nanci your baby girl is adorable!

Lisa, I sure hope you are feeling better!!! No time to be sick right now.

I like those quotes too...maybe you can keep them coming once a week or so. Pretty soon we will all have a 'job' here so we HAVE to keep posting!, lol!!!

Welcome back Missy!

MJ, how are you feeling today?

IrishRose where the heck have you been?

Xylie, are you healing any better yet?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM

Any GOOD diabetic dessert recipes for the Holidays?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Oh Nancia while i do love the little hat i want an olivia of my own. she is just so sweet!

Missy good to hear from you!

Where is Irish? now she is MIA

thanks beachbound for your concern.
Well I don't think I'm getting sick i'm just sad for some reason. Hopefully it will get better asap.

Lisa
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 PM

Nancia--- Olivia is beautiful. I know you are chomping at the bit for January to come around. How long will you be in Texas?

Missy---- So glad to see you back among us. You have been missed.

Have a Happy and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 AM

cindy-- oh, how i wish we would be in dallas!! my mom's memorial service will be in nh. cold, either raining or snowing. but i will have olivia with me!! i guess that's enough sunshine for me!!! meanwhile i continue to emotional eat. i can't seem to hear my body's voice, just dreary sadness. i may have to go shopping. a little retail therapy. it's non-fattening. in fact, it's been proven to slim down wallets by up to 100%. lol, and so am i!!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Here is my lastest quilting obsession. I love it. It has three borders but right now I only have two of them on it (the picture doesn't show that though). The third border is made up of 32 25-patch blocks. Tomorrow I will piece those border blocks then the top is done! Woohoo!!!

I am so glad I have pushed through the I-don't-feel-like-its to get this top done. It will be 100x100 when finished. If
I get the top done tomorrow then I can get it to the quilter next week. If not then I will get it to her when I can.

Is everyone ready for the holidays? I am taking it slow and then Monday I am off to Nebraska to be with Cathie.

Anyway...Love y'all and Merry Christmas!!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails spice-market-2.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 PM

I have been emotional eating for weeks. I was down a pound last week. Not sure how that happened but i will take it. I am having my husbands family for Christmas on Friday. If everyone comes it will be 55 people. It is annoying some of them don't let me know if they are coming. There will probably be 35 people. I will be cooking all day tomorrow. The house is clean except I need to vacuum the living room and finish the kitchen. On Saturday my whole family will go to my parents house. We just eat a light dinner then open our gifts then we eat appetizers. My whole family loves appetizers. We tried to get my mom to skip the dinner but she won't. I am having my parents and uncle for Christmas dinner. I will also have out of town guests all weekend. I might have to sleep all day Monday after my company leaves. More company later in the week.At least I am off of work until the 3rd of Jan.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:33 PM

meanmom-- there's gotta be a balance between too much family and not enough! i feel for you!! right now i'm empty nesting again. middle son has a new job in nyc and is getting his own place. that's 3 for 3! but i miss them. the memorial service at least brings us together. and the cherry on top, olivia! i'm sorry mom lost her mind before o was born. i think she would have loved her. she is, surprize, personality plus. and she gives me a focus point.
missy-- good to see you! that top is scrumptious!! i'm guessing it's your own design. you could have a career there!!
lisa-- i'll get the kids working on producing an olivia for you! LOL. i just think you'll have even more trouble wresting her out of their arms than i do!! i'd love another one, but have been told it will be more than a yr before that will even get started. hmmm,,,we'll see!!
jeanne-- where are you? have i missed your post?
i know i haven't commented on everyone, but if i leave this page to check what was said and by whom, i lose what i've written so far. the 3 fingers i use to type with get too tired to re-write!lol. i wish you all a happy holiday however, and wherever you are celebrating! eat wisely, but remember, this happens only once a year. don't be a martyr and make yourself miserable. you can enjoy, but don't go overboard! i have faith in you! you can do it!!