Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 AM

working on ufo's to keep myself out of kitchen...this months has been hard with all the christmas parties. sent one quilt to longarmers today...now to get another ufo out and finish it...glad to see the pic of Oliva...she is a cutie pie.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 AM

You quilt is lovely. I would love to see it with the borders. Glad you are back - have a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Here is my lastest quilting obsession. I love it. It has three borders but right now I only have two of them on it (the picture doesn't show that though). The third border is made up of 32 25-patch blocks. Tomorrow I will piece those border blocks then the top is done! Woohoo!!!

I am so glad I have pushed through the I-don't-feel-like-its to get this top done. It will be 100x100 when finished. If
I get the top done tomorrow then I can get it to the quilter next week. If not then I will get it to her when I can.

Is everyone ready for the holidays? I am taking it slow and then Monday I am off to Nebraska to be with Cathie.

Anyway...Love y'all and Merry Christmas!!

Missy
Old 12-23-2011, 02:01 AM

thank you, susan! i'm not the least bit biased, but she does seem to me to be extra everything--extra cute, extra smart, extra sweet.... ah, so that's it! the fun of being a grammy (did you know i have my own awards show? oh yeah!) is you can brag all about those grandbabies and no one thinks you're big-headed! it is still a bit of a shock to me once in awhile because she looks soooo much like her daddy did it's a real flashback! and a bit of a jolt to see him in a dress. hehehehee!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:04 AM

Missy, your quilt top is amazing. I can't wait to see it with the borders and quilted.
Meanmom, sounds like you are going to be super busy for quite awhile. I would be stressed to the max.
My daughter and sil got here yesterday and my other daughter will get here this evening. I try to keep it low key but still stress too much about what to cook. The couple will leave sunday, my other daughter on monday and we will head to Iowa to my mil on tuesday.
I am still down 3 lbs. I wonder if I can keep it off til the end of the month. That would be awesome.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:54 AM
mim

I love that quilt -- so simple and yet so interesting to look at. Please do post when you have the borders on.
Yesterday I made 4 small loaves of cranberry nut bread to give to neighbors here at the condo. We have only met 1 out of the 5 and she is away for the holidays. I hope it will break the ice and we will at least get to say hello and wave.

Weight is down last week and this week. Cooking always helps me lose. I think I feel full just by smelling the goodies. When I taught cake decorating I used to lose a lot and back then, I didn't need to.
Have a happy Christmas everybody. -- Mim
Old 12-23-2011, 03:38 PM

Haven't been on much & prob won't till in Jan. We're in Fl, where DD became ill with what has always been labled as divertucolisis (SP)...This time, it went on & on till she finally said she needed to go to hospital. We spent 8 hrs there,till 5 30am ,she was admitted,then 3 days later had major surgery lasting over 7hrs. Thanks God for prayer! She's had 2 great Drs & wonderful care.Still in the highest ICU,but vitals are good.

Won't be going home till she's on the mend.Have a nice Christmas all.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM

plainpat--i will add your daughter to my prayer list. here's hoping her recovery goes smoothly and quickly. i hope you have a happy and meaningful christmas. happy holidays to all! here's to good friends in the new year!!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:51 AM

well it's d day for me.....for holiday eating that is. down a few pounds hope to keep it that way
merry christmas to all.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:30 AM

busy night! i'm half way thru a jacket for a friend and tried 2 new blocks for the boom i'm in. it felt good to get some sewing done. really have been having trouble getting motivated. i forgot to eat but i did drink a lot of water. we're meeting our ny son for dinner tonight in nj. should be fun! then hopefully when we get home i'll be able to do some more blocks, and maybe do some quilting on the jacket. it is for a 'gift' and i was going to have it done for t'giving, then christmas and now i'll be lucky to make new year's. i think i will set a timer so i'll know when to eat. such a silly problem! however, if there were desserts around i would no doubt be eating. this is first son's birthday! wish i had b'day cake. it was a very busy day 33 yrs ago. i was at a party and didn't want anyone to know i was in labor. the jig was pretty much up when the dr returned my call. hahaha, i told everyone he was a great dr and kept close tabs on me, calling me even at parties to make sure i was alright! gee, such a great doc! they saw right thru it!
Everyone, have a wonderful and joyous day tomorrow. can't wait to here what santa brought!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 AM

Merry Christmas!!!