Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Decision for a new phone - gulp >

Decision for a new phone - gulp

Decision for a new phone - gulp

Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 AM

I have the IPhone 6S Plus (the big one) and love it. I have very small hands but don't find it difficult to use at all. I really appreciate the larger font size (you are able to set the size you want) and it works out great for me so I can see it without needing my glasses. I haven't tried an Android phone but everyone I know that has the larger size seems to love them as well.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 AM

I carry my iPhone 5s in my pocket all the time, so I've been hesitant to move up to the bigger sizes. I have been considering the SE, which is the size of the 5s but the technology of the 6s or later.

Of course, all the prices of older iPhones should be dropping in the next few days, with the release of the new 8.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

It really comes down to eyes vs. hands.... I had an Iphone 5 but upgraded to a 6plus to get a bigger size so I could see it better. It's a little more awkward to hold (two hands to text vs. the one hand with the 5), but I chose visibility over hand convenience.

Whatever you choose, you will most likely get used to it. They are all amazing phones.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

I have Iphone 6s. I like it. Oh if you use the Life Proof case, many of the IPhones will get a high pitch siren like hum sometimes when talking on it. It took many many complaints about this before it was figured out it was the LifeProof cases that caused it. When it happens to mine I tap the phone case rather hard and it stops. Weird. I like the LifeProof case. It's water proof and drop proof. Iphones cost almost thousand dollars I'm not about to take a chance of damaging it.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:31 PM

The Pop Sockets will work on any phone. They stick on the back. There are a bunch on Amazon.com and they sell them all over the place that sells the cel phones.