Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Decision for a new phone - gulp >

Decision for a new phone - gulp

Decision for a new phone - gulp

Old 09-11-2017, 07:46 AM

Default Decision for a new phone - gulp

My ancient flip phone has served me well but time to move ahead. The 6 & 7 models have two sizes, I may appreciate the larger one, but it's a bit bulkier, of course. I really hate making decisions like this.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

I know how you feel. I like the large Iphones but they're just too bulky for me. I had an Iphone, then a Droid, will go back to the Iphone when I need a new one.
One of my sons had the large Iphone and said it was just too big so he traded it for the smaller one.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

I have the regular size iPhone 7 and there is a way to make the font larger on some functions. I really liked my little 5 but it became obsolete. There are so many choices - and iPhone haters, but, I am not one of them! Maybe see which one fits in your hand the best and which screen you find easier to manage. It's about like buying a new sewing machine - choices, functions, style, etc.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

I am a huge fan of Apple products but you need to decide what features you want and what phone has the most of those for you. Also if you have other devices that will be comparable with your new phone.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:25 AM

If you have a larger phone check out the "pop sockets". They are a round item that you stick on the back of the phone and it "pops" up so you fingers slip under it, it sits between your fingers so you are holding your phone with an open palm instead of wrapping your fingers around it. Also when it is open and you you set your phone down so it is at an angle to watch a program or just be able to see the screen if you are waiting for a message.

My daughter loves it - she has the iPhone 7.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 09-11-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:40 PM

I love my iPhone 6s plus. The bigger screen suits my older eyes. But, I will say, my husband's Samsung Galaxy 7 has a better camera than my iPhone. And it has the same size screen as the 6s plus.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

I got a samsung galaxy j3 "free" when AT&T would not support my old flip phone.

I do like it - even though I was very balky about getting it.

My son - who had a phone even older than my flip phone, also finally got a "smart" phone and he likes it a lot.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:17 AM

I love my IPhone 6. Yes, it's a little bigger but its fabulous.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:36 AM

I have a Samsung galaxy s4...will have to upgrade soon. I'll stick with that brand. I like the size of this phone as it fits in most of my jeans pockets which is my criteria. I rarely, if ever, carry a purse so having the phone fit in my back pocket is my benchmark. I can make the fonts larger if needed. So far not really an issue since I need my glasses to do most things except walk!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
If you have a larger phone check out the "pop sockets". They are a round item that you stick on the back of the phone and it "pops" up so you fingers slip under it, it sits between your fingers so you are holding your phone with an open palm instead of wrapping your fingers around it. Also when it is open and you you set your phone down so it is at an angle to watch a program or just be able to see the screen if you are waiting for a message.

My daughter loves it - she has the iPhone 7.
Do the "pop sockets" work on any phone or just the Iphones? I have a Galaxy 6 I inherited and really like it. I 've had a Galaxy 4 and a couple of other brands. The Samsung Galaxys are my favorites.