Dental vent.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 AM

My son at 16 had a cyst that 'ate' his jaw bone, and the malfactual doctor made a hole in the back of his mouth, and the bone grew back. It did it again when he was 26 and he again took out the cyst, and the jawbone grew back over time.. He did say that if it broke or cracked they would have to do a bone graft!Take a piece from his hip and graft into his jawbone. He doesn't have any teeth on that side in the back.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
Anyway, those bridges are all leaching and have outlived their usefulness and my teeth are incredibly soft on the inside. New dentist wanted to re-do all the work from square 1 - total cost about $10,000. I just don't have that kind of money and with soft teeth I told her I wanted to consider dentures.
You really ought to apply for care at your nearest dental school. They charge much less and may even work on an income-based scale. At least look into it before consenting to have your teeth removed.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Now the dentist says I have bone loss! And one tooth is loose and will have to come out.
You know, neither of these is irreversible. Bones grow and change all through life. Work on getting your calcium and vitamin D levels up to start with. Eat food you really have to chew (al dente veggies, apples, steak, even gum) to make the bones thicken with use.

For the loose tooth, try a remedy an old dentist of mine used to have all his patients do: Put 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (Bragg's is one brand) in enough hot water to make one cup and drink it down. Do this twice a day for 2 - 4 weeks, more each day if you're overweight (3 - 4 times/day). Eventually, you'll find that the tooth is solid in place.

Yes, it tastes bad, but wouldn't you rather have the tooth?

Get outside in the sun and exercise. Bones are bones, and working out your limb bones will strength all of them, I should think. Okay, I'm guessing on this one, but it's good for you no matter what.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 PM

I feel yall's pain. From lack of dental care as a child, my teeth were just awful!!! Crowns and horrible problems. Finally at 40 I had all of them removed and dentures. I have not regretted it. At 50, on the lower I started having bone loss and that created problems. The answer my dentist presented to me, was the individual mini implants. So I have what looks like 4 ind. post things screwed into the bone in strategic places & my lower dentures snap down onto the posts. I love them. It hurt that day then no problem the next. Maybe I was lucky, I don't know. The mini implants work well for me. Have had them for almost 7 years now.

Increase your Calcium & Vitamin D. I take VitaminD3 from Walmart. Nearly every American is Vit. D deficient due to sunscreen and clothing but it is necessary to be healthy & to avoid skin cancer. I take 5000 mg or whatever it comes in per day. Some are so deficient their Drs dbl that dose.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 PM

I had a flipper for a front tooth for over forty years. Saw a new dentist and he asked about an implant. Nobody had ever suggested one before. Mine went very smoothly, after so long the empty space was very accepting to the implant. It cost around $4,000 all out of pocket but it was the BEST thing that I have ever had done. There was a lot of wear and tear on my other teeth from where the flipper had rested.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:28 PM

Just FYI - there had been tv ads talking about "Dentalplans.com with plans starting at $76 per year; I HAD to check it out...The lowest price for OUR area was $104, single, 159 family. It showerd an example of what we could save - you may want to check it out -