Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Describe your favorite house "style" and location >

Describe your favorite house "style" and location

Describe your favorite house "style" and location

Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Originally Posted by pojo
A log cabin with a huge kitchen, front room 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a basement and a 3 car garage in the woods. with a creek running through it.
And a deck completely around it too about 12 feet wide with alot of windows too.

Fireplaces in each room and a old wood cookstove.
In the mountains of North Carolinia
I live in mine, just finished building two years ago. It is a log cabin with a covered porch all the way around, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, dining, kitchen, library, sewing room, and loft. No garage as it is 14 ft up on piling because I have a river at the end of my back yard, but underneath there is a two bedroom apartment also with wrap around porch that I added for my parents. And no neighbors for 3 miles!
That is really beautiful!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:08 AM

I agree!
Originally Posted by tealady
Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
A Big Farmhouse with a wrap around covered porch.. set somewhere with a mixture of timber and acreage. And it would only be complete with two rockers on the front porch, one for me and one for my sweetie. :)
my ideal, too. :D
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 AM

[quote=flowerjoy]
Originally Posted by ontheriver
Originally Posted by pojo
A log cabin with a huge kitchen, front room 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a basement and a 3 car garage in the woods. with a creek running through it.
And a deck completely around it too about 12 feet wide with alot of windows too.

Fireplaces in each room and a old wood cookstove.
I live in mine, just finished building two years ago. It is a log cabin with a covered porch all the way around, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, dining, kitchen, library, sewing room, and loft. No garage as it is 14 ft up on piling because I have a river at the end of my back yard, but underneath there is a two bedroom apartment also with wrap around porch that I added for my parents. And no neighbors for 3 miles!
That sounds perfect!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 AM

Off the grid log cabin with modern amenities, wrap-around porch, four season room, outdoor living room/kitchen, lake nearby, in the mountains above the snakeline
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Lyn

A cape with large porch and a creek with a waterfall in back. A sunroom to watch the water for 3 seasons and the snow fall during the winter. Guess what, I have it! ;)
Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 AM

I loved my log home on 20+ acres. Had huge deck all across the back. The loft was my sewing area with lots of shelves and drawers for storage. But alas, it became too labor intensive for an aging lady to take care of and I had to sell it and moved into a townhouse in the city. I cried when I left. I had deer and pheasant roaming the acreage. Oh well...
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Tudor style with yellow sandstone or red brick and half-timerbering, lots of large mullioned windows, doors made of real oak (none of those hollow core things), high ceilings, hardwood/parquet or marble or tile (depending on the room ) floors, with landscaped gardens in back and a long drive to the front. Several acres of land around it for those gardens, vegetables, orchards and shade trees (and to have space between me and the neighbors).

Where... England would be great, but failing that, in the northern US (for all four seasons), in or near a good city or nice, walkable town.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Either a large log cabin with a sleeping porch overlooking a lake in northern Wisconsin or a condo in Seattle on a high floor on Lake Washington or overlooking Elliott Bay. Both would have to have a large sewing room.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM

A two story white clapboard seaside cottage with blue shutters and a red door and must have a wrap-around porch. Inside will be highly polished yellow pine floors throughout, white beadboard on the walls and small stone fireplace. Modern eat in kitchen with blue granite counter tops and white ceramic floor, center island with pot rack and lots of windows. Two baths and three bedrooms, master bedroom will have access to the outside flower and sea shell garden. Has to be within "smelling distance" of the Atlantic ocean.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AZTeri
Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
A Big Farmhouse with a wrap around covered porch.. set somewhere with a mixture of timber and acreage. And it would only be complete with two rockers on the front porch, one for me and one for my sweetie. :)
This. Except mine would also overlook water - a river, lake or beach. It would have a huge eat-in kitchen and a huge craft room :)
dito here love the wrap aroun covered porch and a view of open land.