Did you know that.......

Old 10-01-2015, 07:17 AM

I feel your pain but just wait a bit. Karma will get even. I backed my van out of the garage into the side of my husband's truck sitting in the driveway. He was soooooooo mad at me!!! I got 6 months of teasing about it. Then, with my husband driving, we went to the cemetery on Memorial day. He told me to watch him back up using the mirrors to guide him. I told him to stop because the drive was 2 narrow gravel paths, one for each wheel and he was not on them. He said he was watching and CRUNCH!!!!!!!!! He backed into a fence post and scrapped the whole side of the van from front to back. I have not heard a word about me hitting his truck again. Just give it time......
Old 10-01-2015, 07:18 AM

Yikes! I am soooo sorry. You are okay, I hope? Bet you were sick and shaken up, at least!

Did you also know that when you back up into a car that's illegally parked, at night, in front of the hotel where you worked at age 20, and that car is filled with a family from Italy, that the driver of the illegally parked car will teach you Italian words that are delivered with the same inflection as English cuss words ?
Old 10-01-2015, 08:29 AM

Oh, I am so sorry. It is such a sinking feeling.

Did you also know... that if you drive a VW bus with a loaded car top carrier on the top of your bus through "the" mall parking lot (a high fallootin' mall) with a metal bar hanging from the roof (warning you of the height of the roof) of said mall that it will pop that car top carrier off in a second and drop it on the ground behind you????

Too make matters worse, if you have a 16 year old daughter in your car who is embarrassed at the predicament... along with a car of teenage boys not far away laughing their silly heads off and asking what you do for an encore... that your daughter will immediately get out of the bus and carry on with a pretend dialog (for the boys' benefit) as if we had purchased a carrier (at the mall) that was fully loaded with camping gear and how are we going to get it all 'in' the bus. I'm not clear as to which was funnier the predicament or my teenage daughter with her drama queen solution!

My hope is that you can laugh at this in the future. Our family has and still does.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 PM

Funny!!! And so sorry!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Isn't it funny how English cuss words have become international and some of the sign language also.
Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Yikes! I am soooo sorry. You are okay, I hope? Bet you were sick and shaken up, at least!

Did you also know that when you back up into a car that's illegally parked, at night, in front of the hotel where you worked at age 20, and that car is filled with a family from Italy, that the driver of the illegally parked car will teach you Italian words that are delivered with the same inflection as English cuss words ?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 AM

Can so relate to this post. Earlier this summer I backed out of the garage with the front driver's door not quite closed. I got distracted looking for my sunglasses - anyway the door was completely open plus more by the time I stopped. Geeeeez! My husband wasn't home at the time so I had to wait a couple of hours to "break" the news to him. When he got home he looked at it and didn't say a word, just shook his head, which after being married 50 years, I know meant he was speechless. Anyway it cost me the $100 deductible to get it fixed and didn't cost quite enough to increase my insurance premium. We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny at the time.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:06 AM

same thing on my new (2015) Explorer, it's automatic but the manual says specifically "the auto may roll forward or backward even in park if the emergency brake is not set" So how long before the emergency brake pedal wears out if I set it everytime I park because I really have to step hard to get it set.?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:17 AM

did you know
Grandma (90+ yo) getting her van in reverse instead of drive and going by an attached garage at 30 MPH as my DDIL watched, will take out the door of a 30X40" shop, wreck a 4-wheeler, a trailer, a lawnmower, tool table and cabinets and the rear wall of the shop and total the van. Bless his heart, my son, who's home it was, didn't say a thing.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:41 AM

I learned not to back out in a hurry. It can make small cars smaller. I backed my minivan out of the garage and forgot that I parked my little sports car in the driveway the night before. Well, now that little car is a bit smaller.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:50 AM

No one was hurt-and the damage was fixed at home. Its been 36 yrs and I am still hearing about it. My car had a flat so my boyfriend said he would it fix it later just take his van. Me and my best friend were shopping all the 2nd hand stores -getting ready for Halloween- our last stop of the day was a Goodwill with roof top parking. Half way up the ramp there was the most horrible screeching sound-well the front ladder rack did fall over but the back one didn't-We were stuck. I had to call home. BF and my brother came to rescue us. The only way to move the van was to flatten all 4 tires and take off the other rack. He never said a word -he handed me my keys and told us to finish our shopping. A few minutes later some lady came in and was telling the clerk about the 2 guys stuck on the ramp.She said they were laughing about it. By the time we got home the racks were fixed. Thank goodness he didn't have ladders on it. But after that day I never parked on the roof again.