discontinued foods

Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 PM

I know how you feel. It seems as though everything I purchase, whether it is food or something for personal use is dis-continued. About a year ago, the company that made "Scramblers" quit making it due to not enough sales. Also, I found a great bra that I liked, got it at one of the highend stores. After about a year, they discontinued the style. I think it is all about the $$$$, if it does not sell, Adios!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
I used to be able to find dill pickle chips from Lays....can't find em anywhere
Ooh I LOVE the dill pickle potato chips! I came across a Lay's employee stocking their chips and he told me the dill pickle flavor was seasonal. So keep checking all your local stores - you may find them yet. I snagged my first bag of the season at Winco about a month ago, but I haven't seen it at Safeway or Fred Meyer yet.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by dogsgod
Happens all the time with comfortable bras!
Too funny...I was just thinking the same thing.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Two of my favorite treats can very rarely be found here in the south. They are Tasty Cakes from Jersey and salt water taffy from Shrivers on the boardwalk. The taffy I can order online but the cakes only come to me after my parents visit relatives in Jersey. They buy me a bunch and I freeze them.
Loved both of them. Lived in New Jersey for 25 years and probably kept them in business.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Two of my favorite treats can very rarely be found here in the south. They are Tasty Cakes from Jersey and salt water taffy from Shrivers on the boardwalk. The taffy I can order online but the cakes only come to me after my parents visit relatives in Jersey. They buy me a bunch and I freeze them.
Loved both of them. Lived in New Jersey for 25 years and probably kept them in business.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Had a similar experience with Vernor's Ginger Ale, a local soft drink favorite in Detroit. When I moved away, relatives would come to visit me bringing car trunks full of Vernor's. Running family joke was, "If you don't take Janet some Vernor's she won't let you in her house". Sadly the company was sold and the formula changed, now it's just not the same and I've put the word out "Don't bring the crap into my house" LOL
Guess it's true, "You can't go home again"
Old 07-03-2011, 01:42 PM

A local favorite ice cream maker just suddenly closed down this week and that brand of ice cream is no more. So Sad.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:42 PM

I can no longer find Olive Loaf luncheon meat. I bought it for years, it was my favorite.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

I know about the lack of these treats here in Baton Rouge. Only rarely do I come across them, sometimes, in a store I don't go to all that often. Come to think of it, I haven't seen them in a long time. Love Mallomars but can't get them here. We have the pinwheels, similar but not the same. When I called Nabisco they said "It is too hot to ship those". What?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Happens often here...find something you really like..BOOM discontinued.