dishware suggestions

Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 AM

I too have white Pfaltzgraff dishes (Pearl Brocade). Pfaltzgraff makes a product made to remove those scratches. Why get rid of them if you like them?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 AM

Don't ever ask if you NEED new dishes. Do you WANT new dishes? I love dishes, and have several sets that I rotate. Beautiful set of dishes(even china)are sold cheaply at garage sales. Check ou the GS. Good luck!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 AM

I have the original Yorktowne pattern (white with blue flowers) and love them. I buy them whenever I see them at used sales so I have a big collection. You name it, teapot, pitcher, soup tureen, I have it. They are expensive dishes . Pfaltzgraff sells a cleaner to "clean and polish your stoneware". I need to get some more and give them a good going over. It's just the dinner plates I have trouble with, from knife marks. Personally I wouldn't get rid of Pfaltzgraff. It has character.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 AM

When I was first married many, many, many years ago, I had the same problem with my "Sculptured Daisy" dishes. I wrote the company (no internet then) and they told me I could remove it by rinsing them in mild bleach water before washing them. Yeah, right -- I'm sure going to do that! I just ignored it, got some cheap dishes for guests, and used those Daisy dishes for over 25 years!

I agree about the Fiesta. When I need new dishes, I plan to get them. I love all the colors. Right now, we use our Corelle for everyday. And we have Pfaltzgraf Jamberry also. Have Winterberry for Christmas. Also have the Pfaltzgraf solid color stoneware (can't remember the name); and they chip so bad we can't use them any more. Just washing in the dishwasher chips them.

Probably more info than you needed; but for the most part (2 out of 3), I like my Pfaltzgraf.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by fraydknot12326
The only thing I've found harmful to Corelle Ware is a concrete floor! The don't bounce .. :D
Splinters in a million pieces and your foot is in danger for months !!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by Retiredandquilting
I too have white Pfaltzgraff dishes (Pearl Brocade). Pfaltzgraff makes a product made to remove those scratches. Why get rid of them if you like them?
How odd.. never knew of marks from flatware..
hope you get it figured out.. remember little girl black patten leather shoes making black marks on my momma's newly waxed floor.. oh boy.. not a happy thing!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 AM

I have lots of Fiesta dishes, have been collecting them for years, but I do not use them. LOL. They are to look at and decoration. I have been using Corelle for years and love them. Bought them when my kids were home because I was tired of dishes getting broken or chipped.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:39 AM

I worked for Pfaltzgraff for years, too - several in customer service. There used to be a scratch-free Pfaltzgraff cleaner, but it might not still be available. But I think Bartender's Friend was a recommendation as well. I have Pfaltzgraff, too, and I like the weight - which I know a lot of people don't, and Corelle is definately a lighter weight option. But they seem to me to be just a shade better than plastic, so it it were me, I'd try and clean up the Pfaltzgraff.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 AM

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting that you get rid of the Phaltzgraff dishes. I'm suggesting that you add to your collection. I have an original Fiesta platter that was my Gramma's that I treasure.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:53 AM

I use Arm & Hammer baking soda to get all the stains off my plates and mugs. Add a bit of water and a scrubby sponge and Voila! Stains gone, easy peasy.