dislocated tailbones?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 AM

I broke mine once when I fell down some cement steps. I was 7 months pregnant at the time. Spent the night in the hospital (mostly because of the baby). VERY sore for quite some time, but it healed nicely.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 AM

Yeppers...you do get over it...just takes quite a long time. I injured mine when I jumped off the edge of a cement swimming pool and hit the edge of the pool on the way down. I was in Jr High then and I can still remember how it did improve my posture for awhile as there was no way I could slouch in one of those student desks for the pain.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 AM

My first daughter broke my tailbone when she was born French Breech... No treatment...she is 36 and I still have issues.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 AM

Did that once by falling on the floor, probably it was out of place when she gave birth and she may have popped it back in. My doctor at the time told me there's nothing you can do about it but wait for it to heal. He's the one that told me it was probably childbirth since my 2nd child was large for me. It took me years to recover and I could only get into bed by going in on my knees! Driving I had to put pillows on each side and suffer til it got numb. I wish her the best of luck and hope she heals soon. I'll remember her in my prayers, I remember the pain very well!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:19 AM

been there, done that, with the right drs and physical therapy she will come thru it fine. since she is young she will bounce back quickly. I will keep her in my prayers!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 AM

My tailbone was dislocated when I had my son over 40 years ago. The pain was severe and I finally went to the chiropractor, he gloved up, went through my rectum and put it back in place. Bless him..
Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 AM

I came off of a horse when I was 18-landed straight on my tailbone. Somehow I was able to gather her up, put her back in the paddock and was pretty much on my stomach for the next few weeks. The Dr. said I'd compacted my spine, and tipped my tailbone. I was on vacation when I did this-the plane ride home was less then fun! That's been a "few" years ago, and I still can't sit straight. I am very much more comfortable sitting up over my hips, so the weight is not on the back end, but rather more my legs.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM

Wowie, I hope she feels better really soon. I sure she will be ok just take a few weeks.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 AM

I did the same thing & the chiropractor fixed it with one visit. It is very painful.. hope she gets relief soon.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:01 PM

My first daughter fractured my tailbone during delivery (almost 39 years ago)and I still have trouble if I sit on a hard surface for a long time. Also, in 2005 I slipped on the ice and hurt it again (couldn't land on the well padded part!). Most of the time I'm okay these days.