dislocated tailbones?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:03 AM

OUCH!!! Oh man, I feel bad for her. Lower back/pelvis issues make everything difficult.

After she's healed a bit and has done some PT, some Pilates might be a good addition to her routine. It strengthens core muscles, which include those around the pelvis, and it could help keep everything in place in the future.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:55 AM

Yes, I had my tailbone broken when was riding in a pickup with no shocks over a plowed field chasing cows. Hit the rood twice and came down twice hard. 2nd time was the worst, made does that hurt. takes a long time to get over it. never went to dr for it. could barely walk for a while and then had problems straightening up. (((HUGS))) hope it heals fast for her.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
Hopefully once she has passed this initial pain she'll be OK. She'll have to be aware of how she's doing things and lift correctly, etc. Easy for me to say, difficult for her with a toddler.

I found out about the joints in the pelvis by lifting incorrectly. I didn't even know the pelvis has joints. I was unloading supplies. I bent down, picked up, stood up & turned at the same time - repeatedly over & over. Twisting while lifting is a no-no. Now I pick things up correctly and then I turn my entire body with no twisting. No more pain.

I went to a chiropractic school for treatment - teaching schools have reasonable charges. After my back felt better they taught me the 'correct' way to do things. I also think I got better treatment because I had my own student and all his/her teachers - not just one individual in private practice..
Ditto ... Chiropractic can help relieve the current problems, and help with prevention ..... a LOT!!!!! :) I know, as I can truly say "been there, done that"!

Like most things ... we need to learn the "right" way of doing things and what we can do to manage the problem, resolve prevent recurrences, or keep them to a minimum.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM

I broke mine twice when I was a teenager, but it healed. Then in my forties, it twisted several times. Adjustments by a kinesiologist/chiropractor were the only thing that helped.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

has the Doctor tried to do anything? a very good chiropractor can adjust her back.
i broke mine and it hurt for two years. sat on a donut hole pillow for 6 months.
if it isnt' adjusted it will effect her back. so she needs to look into things. it may fix itself, but not sure.
also she should get a pillow to sit on. i got one like the one with the handle/strap
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...llow&seaxcoc=1
Old 08-30-2011, 12:52 PM

The OB-GYN moved and dislocated mine when my eldest was born, during childbirth. It's given me fits ever since (25 years) but it's not debilitating.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 PM

A dr. with a D>O degree can help addjust her back. May be pain full but it will help immencily.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Thank you everyone who's gone through the same thing for the suggestions. She has a neighbor who is a massage therapist and she came to the house and helped her some. I'll tell her about going to a chiropractor. I'm also glad to hear that, although it might not ever be perfect again, it will at least not be debilatating for her.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned

did not know you could dislocate your tailbone, but my DH broke his 2 weeks ago in a biking accident..still having pain and issues....

she will need the special cushion for taking the pressure off of her tailbone!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

i know her pain i fell on snow and cracked my tailbone was awful for weeks not much you can do is take pain meds and rest and that is easier said than done hope she feels better soon