Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do Quilters Have Fewer Divorces? >

Do Quilters Have Fewer Divorces?

Do Quilters Have Fewer Divorces?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 PM

Take care and make descisions when things calm down...confusion, and questions, join a support group. Many people do not realize how hard it is to start over later in life...i was 49, married at 17, my whole life was for him. Living is a true blessing, important now, you will make it through. Stay strong in mind, one hour at a time. Nothing wrong with speaking out. Step 1, why me? Step 2, anger Step 3, healing.
Each day, awake and think positive thoughts for you! Start a small quilt for YOU...to comfort you.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:31 AM

I've been married for 35 years. My husband also supports my hobby which is great. We have always been honest with each other and since we share a visa he knows how much I spend. So long as I take him for a walk or a bike ride everyday I'm good to go in my girl cave. No pun intended but we reap what we sew in this big old world. This was an interesting subject eh?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Hmmm. that's a really good question. Hobbies are supposed to make us calmer and happier. so, it would stand to reason that quilters would be more happy in a relationship, especially if that relationship supported the having a hobby.
I would hazzard a guess that the even more stable ones are ones that both spouses have a hobby supported by the other spouse. my DH does woodworking. So he has times he is not under foot and enjoying himself in the shop. I have times I am not under foot and enjoy myself in the sewing room.
the problem for us is when we are both not under foot and nothing gets done but our hobbies!! life tends to still move forward. :)
Old 09-05-2011, 04:23 PM

married 54 yrs, quilted 23, He doesn't have to compete for my time. Important.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 PM

I have been married for 30 years and began quilting a year and a half ago. I am happier since I started quilting.

My husband collects classic cars. We support each others hobbies and it has a positive effect on our marriage.

Elise