Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineGirl76
    I just read this whole thread so far and it has captivated me! I too believe in spirits, Angels etc....although I have never personally experienced anything, a lot of people I know have. My dad passed away in his sleep in 2002. He had just turned 55. We still don't know what happened to him because they wouldn't do an autopsy on him. I was very close to my dad, as was my 2 sisters and my brother, They all have experienced him being around them but I haven't yet. I am still waiting. I visit his grave all the time and ask him to give me a sign to let me know he is around me. It really breaks my heart that he hasn't been around me yet. Hopefully one day soon!
    When he knows you really need him You'll hear him loud and clear

Quote Originally Posted by burnsk
    Yes, I believe. My mom and my son saved my life.
    I'd love to hear more about this, please......!

Blog Entries
    I was in a coma for 3 1/2 mo. then another 2 wks after my transplant.When I woke up I was freaked out by all the stuff attached to me I had no idea where I was the dr and nurse came in told me where and why I was there that I would be there for a while due to complications during surgeries. I could not talk [ tube in throat] They left me more scared than I already was -I wasn't ready to go I had to many undone and unsaid things to finish I heard my stepDad-Al tell me to grab the silver ring and hold on tight it
    wasn't my time yet that I was going to be needed here.He had passed away 17 yrs before this.--- 9 months later my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer it was 9 months to the day later that he passed away here at home -I always know when Al is talking to me he is the only person that ever called by a nick name I was his Little Dawnie Bird.And for these last 3 my Mom has helped me thru the days since and she's been gone 10 yrs now.I haven't heard from my Tom yet but I feel his presence Mom says he's not ready yet!! I've plenty of patience -Tom was never real chatty anyways

Dear Stitchit123:

Looks like your angels have been on your side through some very tough times! It seems they are there when they are needed the most...and sometimes just to let you know how much you are loved. This must have been difficult to share and for that, my sincere thanks and Godspeed! ♥ ♥ ♥

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful story! Your quilt is truly special!

I thought this was most interesting: from 9 mysteries that science cannot explain:

From the Shakespeare play "MacBeth" to the NBC show "Medium," spirits of the dead have long made an appearance in our culture and folklore. Many people have reported seeing apparitions of both shadowy strangers and departed loved ones. Though definitive proof for the existence of ghosts remains elusive, sincere eyewitnesses continue to report seeing, photographing, and even communicating with ghosts. Ghost investigators hope to one day prove that the dead can contact the living, providing a final answer to the mystery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilter
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsk
    Yes, I believe. My mom and my son saved my life.
    I'd love to hear more about this, please......!
    We lost our youngest son, Chris, when he was 14. He was riding his bicycle and hit by a car. My mom died a few years later from cancer.

My hubby is anything but a caregiver, he stays in another room and stays away. I have to get my own fluids, meds, etc. When I've had surgeries I've had to have someone come in to stay with me, change any dressings, make meals, etc. He just can't handle anything related to sickness or hospitals or injuries.

A few years ago, I had been sick with a cold/bronchitis, whatever the Dr. called it. Whenever I get sick (which, thank heavens, isn't real often) I usually go to bed, drink lots of fluids, take aspirin or tylenol and within 48 hours it's better. I had been in bed for 3 days. The third day I don't remember anything about except for waking up and my mom and son were standing by the side of the bed and I felt very calm. My mom said, "Honey girl, it's not your time. You're needed here. But you're very sick and you need to go to the hospital. We're here to help." I remember my son saying that his grandfather was there too. Within minutes my hubby came into the room and asked what I wanted. HUH ??? He said, "Didn't you just call me?" NO He said, "but you need to go to the hospital." HUH ??? He put his hand on my forehead (which he never does), said OMG. He had trouble waking me up. He carried me to the car and off we went. When we got to the hospital my fever was 106, I had pneumonia, was dehydrated, put on IV's and meds and kept overnight. Dr. told him if it had been any longer it would have been very bad for me. I never told my hubby who spoke to him but I know it wasn't me.

This one I've never shared - this is the first time - we were camping at our trailer at the lake. I awoke suddenly about 1:30 am feeling something was wrong. I sat up and my younger son was there. He told me that his brother was in trouble and I had to go to him now. WHERE? My cell phone rang and it was my oldest son's fiance. He had been in an accident, his car rolled 3 times down an embankment and he was being air-vacced to the hospital, unresponsive. They thought he was a fatality. My younger son told me his brother would be OK, that he wasn't "coming here" but to hurry. When I got to the hospital (in record time) they had him all 'hooked" up, got his vitals going but he was still out of it. I took his hand, kissed him and told him that I was there and Chris (his brother) was with me. His eyes fluttered, opened wide and he said, "Oh, F%#*, what the hxx happened? Where am I? Take that blankety-blank (my words) tube out of my (you know what)." He was still a bit delirious which was apparent by his language but the doctor said it was miraculous that he had survived, basically unscathed, a lot of bumps and bruises and pretty bad cuts on his head and he almost lost his ear. We talked about the accident a few months later and he told me that he could 'feel' someone there with him and talking to him.

For goodness sakes, STAY HEALTHY! Your angels appear to have been working overtime to tune you in and comfort you! Hoping all your new omens are uplifting and kind!

Blog Entries
    I have been blessed with my two angels. I just wish they would stop in a little more often, no crisis, just to talk. I talk to them all the time. I used to call my mom every night to tell her I loved her and to say good night. Now I don't have to pick up the phone to do it. And sometimes when I REALLY, REALLY need a hug, I can feel a brush on my shoulder or a breeze on my face and I know Christopher is close.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineGirl76
    I just read this whole thread so far and it has captivated me! I too believe in spirits, Angels etc....although I have never personally experienced anything, a lot of people I know have. My dad passed away in his sleep in 2002. He had just turned 55. We still don't know what happened to him because they wouldn't do an autopsy on him. I was very close to my dad, as was my 2 sisters and my brother, They all have experienced him being around them but I haven't yet. I am still waiting. I visit his grave all the time and ask him to give me a sign to let me know he is around me. It really breaks my heart that he hasn't been around me yet. Hopefully one day soon!
    He'll be there when you really need him. Sometimes their presence is so subtle that you don't realize or recognize that they're there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilter
    For goodness sakes, STAY HEALTHY! Your angels appear to have been working overtime to tune you in and comfort you! Hoping all your new omens are uplifting and kind!
    Oh, my son was the prankster and still is. One day a couple of summers ago I was trying to figure out why the sprinkler wasn't working. I had turned the water on, the sprinkler was on, but no water coming out. Back and forth I went. Finally I yelled at the sprinkler "Dammit Chris, stop it." And I got lambasted with water. Yes, he's still the prankster. Water fights were something we used to get into. I usually lost, still do. :lol: Lots of good memories.

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Wow, all these stories are so interesting and moving to read! I suppose nobody knows for sure, but I tend to say yes, I believe.

I think I was very psychic as a teenager and I have lost touch with a lot of that now that I have a family and my mind is constatly working and thinking and busy. I remember I always had a very close relationship with one of my Grandfathers, and I feel like he visited me after he passed. It was a few months later, but I had a dream about him. We were all in his house, my parents and my Grandmother were there. At the time I had one daughter, and she was with me, she was a baby and I was holding her. My Grandfather was sitting in the chair he always sat in, but no one else could see him but me. I had always felt I had this understanding that there are things we do not understand, and it was always a given to me growing up that there is some sort of afterlife and we are connected to it. So in my dream it didn't seem all that out of the ordinary that I could see my Grandfather and nobody else could. Without speaking he told me that he'd be around, watching, observing but not interacting or interfering. His exact words, and it gives me chills even now thinking about it, were "I'm just here to observe." I will never forget that. I do feel him, I feel like he's with me, but as he said he's just watching, never interfering. It was one of those dreams where when you woke up the feeling you had in the dream lingered for hours...really days afterwards.

Aside from that I have had other experiences that make me want to say there is definitely something going on we don't yet fully understand. If it's spirits, I don't know, but I know many people have had experiences they cannot explain.

Blog Entries
    kuseta........I do believe in ghosts. I've not experienced any "human" ghosts, but we do have cat ghosts at our house of those that have left our family. I can feel them jump on my bed or lay against me at night and nothing will actually be there, or will feel them brush against me when I'm standing. I find it rather comforting.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also 'know ' that my pets have come back to visit. The same way that you do. I have felt the cAts jump on the bed in the same way that they did in life.

So now when a pet has got to move on and I have the precious time to comfort them first, I always invite them to come back and visit any time that they want to. So far all but one has come back to say 'hi'. We are still waiting for the last one that left to return for a visit or a last goodbye.

This has become a treasured tradition in our family.

I believe there is a special bond between us and our loving pet companions who have gone. That infitesimal spark of life (spirit, if you will) must go somewhere and who is to say it doesn't come back to visit those who loved it?

Anyone want to add to this thread??
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Ghosts are real. They are spirits. I have my (deceased) family around me all the time. They are my angels.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

The "logical" part of me wants to say no, but I've had quite a few weird experiences. Here are a few.

My husband and I had a Yorkie for 14 years. Eventually he was having so much trouble due to his age that it was time to let him go. Our county's animal shelter puts elderly pets to sleep at no charge, using the same procedure that the vets office does, so my husband took him there at our vet's recommendation. I took it hard. He was my child. Fast forward about 6 months. I decided I was ready for another baby, and wanted to adopt a kitten. We went to the animal shelter, where we found the sweetest, most affectionate kitten EVER. She'd been born at the shelter, and she clung to me like glue the moment we got her out of the cage. She made it perfectly clear that she was going home with me! On the drive back home, she stayed snuggled up to my neck, and wouldn't even turn away from me to look out the window. I was hers. For a good 6 months after we got her home, I'd see our Yorkie going around a corner, but when I followed him, there my sweet little cat would be. It happened almost every day. One day something occurred to me. I sat down with a calendar and starting counting. She would have been born at the shelter on the EXACT DAY that we took our Yorkie up there. Did our Yorkie find his way back to us? I don't know. But even now, years later, our precious little girl kitty loves nothing more than to be held and cuddled. Maybe two pets are sharing one body ... I don't know.

Another one: We live just a few miles from Chickamauga Battlefield, and often ride our recumbent trikes there. We've had LOTS of odd experiences there. My husband and I both heard civil war drums at the same time. We've rode our trikes through "cold spots" where the temperature dropped drastically. I've heard a lady coming up behind me, presumably a jogger who was talking to a friend, and when I turned around nobody was there. My camera has zoomed all by itself. I took a photo of an empty field once, and in the field were two green glowing objects at about eye-level (there is a legend about "Green Eyes", some sort of entity that lives in the park). It was probably a trick of the light, but it was still very eerie.

You know those glass "plasma balls" where you can touch the glass and the "plasma" will reach out toward your finger? Imagine a blue sparkling "plasma ball", without the glass. My husband and I both watched, with our jaws on the floor, as a blue "plasma ball" came in through the top of our (closed) sliding glass door, went along the wall near the ceiling, turned the corner, and disappeared without a trace down the hall. It made no sound, and didn't leave any markings on the wall. We still don't know what it was.

I've also seen odd things in the sky in several occasions, and even found physical evidence of one of them ... and odd white rock with blue speckles that appeared to be very, very dense melted plastic. I added it to my rock collection, which my mom threw out without my knowledge when we moved (I was 9 or 10).

While I can't say for sure that I believe in ghosts, I do believe there are a LOT of things out there that we don't understand.
    Last edited by moonrise; 06-05-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I believe in Ghosts.
    Yes, I believe in Angels too.
    Either an Angel or someone special was watching over me twice (I was
    almost killed and she saved me).
    A fortune teller at a private party once told me (she knew nothing about
    me and had never seen me before)
    told me they was a lady watching over me.

J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Blog Entries
    Definately, had 3 experiences with them. when someone i know dies, the phone rings at that time.
    my evil stepfather dies 2 weeks ago at 10:45, my cell phone rang and no one was there. the next day, my mom told me he died at that time.
    It's like a tv station. it's there, we need to get to that frequency to see it.
    same with them. they're all around us.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Definately, had 3 experiences with them. when someone i know dies, the phone rings at that time.
    my evil stepfather dies 2 weeks ago at 10:45, my cell phone rang and no one was there. the next day, my mom told me he died at that time.
    It's like a tv station. it's there, we need to get to that frequency to see it.
    same with them. they're all around us.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I believe in demons. I do not believe that people still roam the earth after they die.

Absolutely, 100%, I believe in ghosts/sprits/angels. Without a doubt.

I believe I have posted before about strange things that happen - odd smells, the feeling of someone touching my hair, feeling of someone touching me through the bedclothes, or just the bedclothes twitching a bit for no reason.

The other day DH (who is not really a believer, but has experienced some of the smells) saw an orb in the living room. He described it as like a laser pointer, but white, not red. He tried to explain it away by saying it must have been a reflection of the TV that was on.

Also things get lost and wind up in odd places. The last was a spoon I had been missing. Wound up in a canister of flour, spoon end up, can't figure that one out. If I had put it in there, it would have been spoon end down.

Yes, I've had a number of experiences with both spirits and angels
    Lori

Quote Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
    I believe in demons. I do not believe that people still roam the earth after they die.
    You believe in demons ? Interesting......
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast