Do you believe in ghosts?

Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Yes, my dear Grandma has saved me a couple of times by her voiced comments. She died in 1968, right after my last son was born.

On my DH's last day, in ER, he was in a coma and suddenly woke up and pointed to the side of the room. He counted, pointing, one, two, three, up to nine, then calmly told me that "They are all there waiting for me" then pointed to the right of the room and said that "The rest of them are over there", and then went out again. Nine added up to his parents and brothers who had gone before, and some of his most loved aunts.
When I told the ER nurse, he wasn't surprised.
I had worked with him before so he told me that he saw it often on the last day but no one wanted to hear it so he never said anything except when asked. He said for me to call in the family...he died later that evening.

A couple of days later I was sitting alone in the house and heard him tell me Goodbye, using my pet name only he called me.
THANK YOU for sharing your heartwrenching story! Yes! This happens!! A friend of mine shared a story of when they had to take her son to the ER and while waiting for someone to attend to them. They could hear what was going on in the next "room" as the medical team worked on a patient. After the team left the room, all was quiet and a few minutes after, my friend and her boyfriend heard the patient say..."thank you for saving me". Taking comfort in hearing this, when the nurse returned to help them, my friend commented that it was nice that the patient next door would be fine. The nurse replied queitly..."oh, no, that patient passed away." ! Talk about the goose bumps! Wow!

I always ask my friend to repeat her experience. We are believers and take comfort in this.

Yes, there are visions, voices, feelings, etc that we cannot explain. I grew up hearing my mom recall her childhood and the experiences her mother had with the unexplained.

sandy
Old 07-04-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Afton
I'm glad I started this thread. One thing that I find particularly interesting is the number of people who feel that they have had contact with pets and other animals.
I just had a dream with my 2 dogs that passed within the last 3 years. It was so nice to see them again! Miss me furry friends!!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Yes, my dear Grandma has saved me a couple of times by her voiced comments. She died in 1968, right after my last son was born.

On my DH's last day, in ER, he was in a coma and suddenly woke up and pointed to the side of the room. He counted, pointing, one, two, three, up to nine, then calmly told me that "They are all there waiting for me" then pointed to the right of the room and said that "The rest of them are over there", and then went out again. Nine added up to his parents and brothers who had gone before, and some of his most loved aunts.
When I told the ER nurse, he wasn't surprised.
I had worked with him before so he told me that he saw it often on the last day but no one wanted to hear it so he never said anything except when asked. He said for me to call in the family...he died later that evening.

A couple of days later I was sitting alone in the house and heard him tell me Goodbye, using my pet name only he called me.
I had something very similiar happen to me. My grandmother was such a special person . she had a pet name for me and she would call me that if she saw me once a day or ten times a day. sometimes it would get aggravating but how I would love to hear it again! anyway the night after she died i heard her call me that name - kinda freaked me out! mom said she was telling me goodbye! she has been gone almost 20 years and i have never had a dream about her! i have dreamed about my grandfather but never her!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Retired
One thing I've learned is when you take pictures watch for a white orb to appear in the picture when there was nothing like it when you took the picture.
Children and pets are very open to appearances. Usually they will stare, dogs sometimes growl at something that is not visible but they are staring. Watch for staring at ceiling corners.
I love this post - so interesting and glad to know others have seen and felt this. My grandfather used to put Bengay on - the houe would reek of the stuff. Now whenever something is going on in the family some of us will smell it - others can't. the most vivid time i remember smelling it was at my mothers. I had had minor surgery and my husband and I went down to visit them. Mom was going on about how she couldn't believe I came down to see them knowing I had had sugery earlier that day. We both started smelling bengay - my husband did not. but here is the freaking thing. the dog kept looking out on the deck and just started making a strange noise. it was like she saw something. we all knew grandpa was there cuz of the bengay smell (except my husband) and the dog just verified that he was with us if we had any doubts!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:56 AM

About 30 yrs. ago I had a little neighbor boy, who died from a brain tumor. He was 4 yrs. old, his favorite color was orange, and he and I were very close. He and I would sit and watch all the kids playing. The day he died I spent all day with his family, but when I crawled in bed that night and closed my eyes, this bright circular opening occured, like a round tunnel. At the end of the tunnel was Jeremy, dressed in an orange gown. He smiled at me and the circle closed. I tried for hours to open the circle again but never could.

A day or so after the funeral, I was with him mom and she gave me some silk orange flowers from the funeral, which I still have today in my china cupboard. So I decided to tell her about the vision I had, thinking she would think I was nuts....but she was thrilled, knowing how close we were, she figured he had to tell someone he is ok now, and he told me. This is as vivid to me today as it was so long ago.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Banned

not really but often smell cigarette smoke here ,the 1st owner 1969--- 1990 was a v heavy smoker, we don't.
also when I used to go to church ,was always 1st one there at choir practice so used to put lights on in our 12th centuary church and several times have seen a light in altar window but none when I unlocked AND no moon or street lights , they said it was the "grey lady" a young daughter of a long gone rector who was murdered by their drunken butler-------------SO I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM

When I got to this post, the first thing I saw was a white owl I thought, then I read the post. So I saw an owl before I even read the post.

I have had alot of things I could not explain, whether, ghosts, angels or demons, I don't know. I believe that once you die, your soul goes to Heaven or Hell and once a soul goes to Heaven, it never returns here. I just am afraid that the ghosts that has been seen are really demons that Satan makes look identical like your loved one and the purpose is to win your soul to him. I would love to see my dad that gone on and other loved ones, but I don't want to desturb their souls, I want them to rest in peace.

But I do love to watch Ghost Hunter shows and so forth. I went to Gettysburg and went on 2 ghost hunts and even used the equipment like K2 meters and voice recorders in an old cilvil war mansion that no one lives in. It was scarry and excitement.

I have seen and heard and smelled things that I can't explain. I love reading these threads and actuallly have read every word when usually I skip alot of reading, because I am such a busy and active person. Have fun! :shock:
Old 07-04-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I also believe in spirits of the dead. About 10 years ago I met a young Native American boy, and went to visit he and his family. They gave me the name of Snow Owl. While visiting him he took me to several different places in his area. One of the places was Siche Hollow, which is just like a beatiful park. When walking back to the car, I looked at a tree, and there was a white looking owl from sap or something. It startled me, and he didn't see it, but once my pictures were developed, I askef his mom what she saw on the tree. She immediately said a snow owl. Then we went to a burial grounds. I took all kinds of pictures of things, but when I had them developed, there were no pictures of the actual burial grounds. Everything else came out. I believe the spirits did not want me taking pictures, so there was nothing to develop.
This is the whilte owl post I was referring too. I clicked wrong reply. :wink:
Old 07-04-2011, 12:39 PM

I saw a picture of a ghost. One of my students took a picture of his friend outside his house, at night, and on the side of him in the back, was a little girl dressed in Victorian style clothing. She was white, like a ghost. My student said no one else was there, physically, except him and his friend.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:59 PM

I too am a Christian and have never seen one in person. I believe that there are spirits and they will not bother me since the Lord is with me always protecting me. 8-)