Do you believe in ghosts?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:04 PM

A few years ago we went to San Antonio for a vacation. We stayed in this old hotel that Wynham had bought & restored. It is across from Travis Square & I can't think of the name right now but as soon as I walked into that place it seemed strange. Now I think of it, it was the St. Anthony's Hotel. It still looked the same, had all the old antiques still there in the lobby. We stayed on the 3rd floor & the carpet was not new in the hall. I kept having the feeeling that something was strange about this place. I kept thinking if I saw redrum on the wall it wouldn't have surprised me. Gave me the same scarey feeling the hotel in the movie The Shining gave. Was so glad when we left that place. Found out later that it is on the list of haunted hotels & places in San Antonio & Texas. I knew my gut was trying to tell me something. Just a weird sick feeling about things weren't right.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
A few years ago we went to San Antonio for a vacation. We stayed in this old hotel that Wynham had bought & restored. It is across from Travis Square & I can't think of the name right now but as soon as I walked into that place it seemed strange. Now I think of it, it was the St. Anthony's Hotel. It still looked the same, had all the old antiques still there in the lobby. We stayed on the 3rd floor & the carpet was not new in the hall. I kept having the feeeling that something was strange about this place. I kept thinking if I saw redrum on the wall it wouldn't have surprised me. Gave me the same scarey feeling the hotel in the movie The Shining gave. Was so glad when we left that place. Found out later that it is on the list of haunted hotels & places in San Antonio & Texas. I knew my gut was trying to tell me something. Just a weird sick feeling about things weren't right.
Kinda sounds like the Menger Hotel. It's haunted.
http://mengerhotel.com/
Old 07-04-2011, 07:16 PM

Yes, I knew about that one too as well as the Driskill .
Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM

No. Not ghosts, not angels. However, I also do not believe we know everything there is to know about the physical universe.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR
No. Not ghosts, not angels. However, I also do not believe we know everything there is to know about the physical universe.
I know because I believe in extraterrestrials & Roswell, NM does have a big secret.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM

I know because I believe in extraterrestrials & Roswell, NM does have a big secret.
Little green men! :hunf: :hunf:
Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 PM

Little green men! :hunf: :hunf:
with snotty looks on their faces, apparently. Lol
Old 07-04-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I would love to talk to any of my family who have passed on.I don't know any on my dads side of the family.
---------------------
I'd like to talk to my Father for a few moments. He left the family in 1952 and we never learned where he went, but had suspicions.
We'd love to know where dear old Leslie Byrd went, where he was buried. We think his sister knew, but never would tell us.
Mom and a brother went to their graves still wondering.
We now have contact with his family and some of them saw him after he "disappeared" from here.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM

[Ramona Byrd---------------------
I'd like to talk to my Father for a few moments. He left the family in 1952 and we never learned where he went, but had suspicions.
We now have contact with his family and some of them saw him after he "disappeared" from here.[/quote]

There seems to be some hope here to fill in the gaps about your dad. It must be awful not to know what happened....{{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 AM

Haven't seen one so don't know if they exist or not.

hey those guys on the fishing boat thought they seen a ghost, someone walking on the water, so anything is possible, like the big foot, or other stuff......