Do you believe in ghosts?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 AM

Years ago I was consumed with grief, when I lost someone very close. I remember crying in the middle of night and praying that God would help ease the pain. Suddenly I felt a warm embrace and was hugged - as real as real could be. I had an immediate sense of peace that helped me through the rough days that followed. I believe in a spiritual world and like to think someone cared enough to give me physical sign of their love. A guardian angle? Perhaps. I like to think so.

I've never encountered a spirit...but was always fascinated by stories that my relatives would tell. I'm really enjoying this thread!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:23 AM

I have heard that some people do not cross over because they feel they have something left to do. Maybe ghost is not the best word, maybe spirit/angel sounds better. I know the spirits/angels that have been or are in my children's, grandchildren's, and my life are looking out for us.

In a dream my DD had about an acquaintance that was a member of her church, he came to her in a dream and told her to tell his family that God forgives. He had committed suicide.

I know there is evil in this world, look at the terrorists. But I know also the spirits we have talked about are good and are here to look after us.

According to the Bible, spirits and angels do visit us.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:20 PM

I believe in angels and demons, as in the Bible, not per Hollywood. Same with ghosts/spirits.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 PM

Nope, not ghosts, angels, devils (except the human kind), heaven, hell, Santa Clause or the Easter bunny.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:49 PM

You mean Santa isn't real. I am so crushed.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM

I believe in Santa! I always told my kids, if you don't believe, you don't get presents.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by galvestonangel
I believe in Santa! I always told my kids, if you don't believe, you don't get presents.
Me too.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by galvestonangel
Well at my age I don't get many presents anymore so I'm thinkin'.....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
They do communicate to us. For years after I was married at Thanksgiving I would call my mother and say, "hey Ma, how do you make stuffing?" It became a joke. After a while I knew but I still called. Well she died in 2001 in October. One month later no one to call to say, "Hey Ma" to. Well soon before Thanksgiving my phone rang and it was my brother. He says, "Hey Karen, how do you make stuffing?" I think I laughed for 5 mins before I could tell him why he actually called.
I believe in angels and spirits.

How amazing, almost the same thing happened to me. After my mum got older and could no longer stand the strain of preparing a large Thanksgiving dinner, I took over the job. For many years after, I would call my my mum on Thanksgiving morning saying, "OK, mum, now how many stalks of celery do I need?" The first year after mum passed, my eldest daughter decided she wanted to have the Thanksgiving dinner. I was badly missing my mother on Thanksgiving morning, and the next thing I knew, the phone rang and my DD was saying, "Mommy, how much celery do I need?" Normally, my DD is very independent and hates to ask for help and loves to use new recipes, so I think it was my mum that prodded her to call.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I have neither seen them, nor heard them, but I have felt and smelled them. I quite often feel a light touch on my hair, when I am sitting or lying in bed. And there are several areas in the house and yard where I get a particular smell (different one in each area). And things fall over a lot. And no, it is not an old house, but it is on a farm that has been settled for over 200 years.
I know what you are talking about. Yes I do believe in ghosts or angels or spirits... I smell my grandma alot and I have noticed it when I'm quilting or knitting or doing something she loved to do. i think she's watching over my shoulder and smiling :)