Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Yes! I have seen spirits on numerous occasions. Both as a child and as an adult.
    Me too! I even saw my grandmother as clear as day and had a conversation with her. Scared the beejeebees out of me as she was the 1st one I saw! have seen several since.

I strongly believe in angels too, I can feel them around me.

Yep, I believe. I mostly heard them when I was younger. My sister and I both heard it playing a musical instrumnet in our basement (we slept in seperate rooms) and woke up and went down stairs. We werent scared, because we knew it was our grandmother.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuseta
    I do believe in ghosts. I've not experienced any "human" ghosts, but we do have cat ghosts at our house of those that have left our family. I can feel them jump on my bed or lay against me at night and nothing will actually be there, or will feel them brush against me when I'm standing. I find it rather comforting.
    Same here. My cat Oreo sometimes comes and visits us. He walks up the center of our bed, usually waking my husband. Myself, I will occasionally catch a glimpse of his tail passing by the couch or coffee table.

Blog Entries
    Definately. Could tell multiple stories of encounters...too many. I lived in a house with ghosts as a child, and grew up next to a cemetary....

I believe there are spirits. Three days after my mom passed my sis and I were visiting my dad. Her four year old grandson went to the kitchen and soon we heard him talking to someone. Sis asked him what he was doing and he said he was talking to great grandma. She came to tell him goodby and she loved him. I got goosebumps.

Yes, I believe there are good an bad ghost. I worked in Skilled Nursing Home and beleive me there were some strange things that went on. When I first started there co workers talked about the black thing, of course I didn't believe . About 1 year latter I could fill something falling me . So when I turned around there it was. Looked like a puff of black smoke. Well I could go on about the things that happened. Maybe another time.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    This is a picture of a ghost I took outside my house. I was taking pictures outdoors, when I got a feeling to download them right away. I did not see this when I snapped the picture. I was thinking of my Uncle George who had passed earlier that year.
    What do you all think?
    Whoa!! I've had pictures come out like that!! :shock:

Blog Entries
    i believe in them

No I am not a believer. But odd thing is I watch all those ghost hunter shows, I keep thinking they will show something convincing, but nothing they show seems to convince me either.

I not only believe, I know there is .I have dealt with the other side since right after Birth and still do to this day.We are not alone.

yes

Yes.

Most definitely. Interestingly, I note the majority of responses have been in the affirmative. Perhaps creativity and spirituality are linked.

no

Not in ghosts, but in spirits. I honestly believe that my beloved departed father was there with me when I was seriously ill in the hospital. He died when I was 9 and came when I truly needed him. I pulled through and haven't heard him since. ghosts? spirits? I don't know.

I've never seen one. So, I'm not sure that I believe in them. I am a Christian so I believe there are angels and demons as the Bible talks about them.

ghosts are actually bad spirits, some can take on the form of a person...tell your Dad, that is not his sibling, but a spirit that is trying to get his trust.

My grandfather and I were very close and when life throws me lemons suddenly I will smell the smell of his little italion cigars he use to smoke' I feel he's just saying to me your not alone.

Yes. I know that I have felt people and animals around me and they were NOT demons. I could feel their energy and it wasn't bad. I am one of those people that can pick up on emotions/energy of others.

Get the book, When Ghosts Speak by Mary Ann Winkowski.
    For those who believe, everything you've experienced will make sense from her perspective. Excellent book!

Quote Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I am so glad to hear that alot of others believe in ghost/spirits. I have had them around me all my life. When I was a Realtor there were homes I couldn't go into because of the feelings I would get. I now have 2 children spirits in my yard. They tap on windows or I see them out there, and they really enjoy freaking out my son in law. I'm trying to do research on this property. I love hearing others stories.
    My daughter has a friend that cannot have anything used in his house. Every thing he buys must be new . He picks up on the energy left by previous owners and hates the feelings.

Blog Entries
    I posted this a while ago but I can't find the post I wrote. My Dad passed in May 2007, and my DD was born in 2008. We had our Christmas celebrations, and the packages were cleared away from the tree skirt. Nothing was there. DD was 10 days old. I went from the family room to the kitchen holding DD, and when I went back to the family room (seconds later)I screamed and woke up DD. My mom and DH came running in - there under the tree was the hand carved wooden train that my dad had made for me. Neither my mom or I had seen it for over 20 years. And it *wasn't* there when I left the room.

Blog Entries
    I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in the power of the mind to perceive things which are not there. I have experienced thoughts which felt like communication from a deceased loved one but I believe some part of my brain generated them from memories and grief. I still found them comforting. The person gave me the memories and the memories are still with me even though the person is not.

Yes I beleive. When my MIL was dieing we were with her in the ER. She lay there and kept reaching and grabbing invisible something there in front of her. DH would try to hold her hands down telling her to be calm. She barked at him to stop that. She was helping Mikey get the glasses down. They were having a party. Mikey was making jello. Mikey was her brother that had gone on before her by 20 years. I know Mikey was there and I bet that was a great party.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    sure do. nuff said

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast