Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you care about package tracking? >

Do you care about package tracking?

Do you care about package tracking?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM

I like it.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:37 PM

It's nice to be able to track a package, especially if it is something expensive or something I would not want left at my door. I do not have much overhang at my front door so packages get wet if left in the rain.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm most concerned about tracking when I'm the one sending the package. It's comforting to know that what I sent arrived as planned.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:41 PM
BMP

I track every order I place ...
Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

Always! I have to know when to divert dh's attention & retrieve packages from the front porch :D
Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 PM

I like being able to track my package.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:22 AM

I don't look as often when I am receiving, unless it's late, but sending, I use to be sure all is well & it's kinda funny the route a package can take.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 AM

I use it all the time, both as a seller and a buyer.

As a buyer, I like knowing when to expect my package, so it doesn't sit in the mailbox or on the porch all day. UPS and FedEx packages say "out for delivery" when they're on the truck, and USPS packages are scanned at the local post office early that morning, just before (or as) they're put on the mail truck. :mrgreen:

And as a seller, I think it helps reassure a buyer that their package really IS on the way. :)
Old 01-29-2011, 03:59 AM

Most of the time I track. Quite a few years ago (late 60's, before credit cards and free phone calls) a mail order package from J.C.P. was left at the home of a neighbor, who was on vacation. I really fretted over my package. I was going to a conference and wanted wrinkle free clothes for traveling. (This was also a time when hotel rooms didn't include irons & boards in the rooms - you had to pay to have clothes pressed.) After learning from the shipper that the package had been delivered we started manual tracking. It was a frustrating and fruitless process. By the time the neighbor got home the package had gotten rain soaked and my dresses damaged. I was at the conference with wrinkled clothes. Roadway Express wouldn't accept blame. I was young and not really in touch with the world, or legal matters. I didn't want to pay for goods not received. Fortunately, Pennies Mail Order was able to keep my emotions somewhat under control. They got their damaged goods back and I got my money back. Unfortunately, I still had to pay the phone bill.

A more recent experience, about 12 years ago, a student travel organization wanted me to attend a meeting/training. They said they would send me plane tickets. When they didn't come, I just figured the company was disorganized, I had gotten that impression from the way they worked over the phone anyway. After the conference, they asked me why I was a no show. We discussed the tickets which they insisted had been sent, and I insisted I never got. Months later we found the tickets under the trees where the wind apparently had carried them. I had expected the tickets to come in the mail, but the exchange program had sent them DHL. UPS and Fed-Ex drivers know where to leave my packages, DHL isn't a regular.

So, yes, I track, but now it's easy and inexpensive. I also have a sign on my door indicating where a carrier should make deliveries.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

I never check unless its really late!