Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you do the  "lost and then found" routine? >

Do you do the "lost and then found" routine?

Do you do the "lost and then found" routine?

Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 PM

i can so relate, you are not alone.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Administrator

somewhere around here there are 847 pair of scissors, at least 32 sets of manicure/pedicure tools, 1,256 orphan earrings, 98 tweezers, 63 packs of rechargeable batteries, and about a million rolls of scotch tape.

i can't continue the list because i just lost the only pen left that still has ink in it!

:lol:
Old 04-30-2011, 02:04 AM

Wish someone would find my box of pins. I can't for the life of me remember where I put them which is weird as I use them all the time and now they are no where to be found. And I'm really really frustrated.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:31 AM

We don't lose things - they are just hiding from us!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 AM

Sure sounds familiar to me ! I don't know about you, but mine gets worse with age. Try making notes of where you "hide" things, and have one spot where you "hide" your notes. This only works if you can remember where your notes are :)
Old 04-30-2011, 03:55 AM

Those perfect spots will always kick you in the butt. :-D Have lost more stuff that way OMG can't even think about it! I'm making some blocks for a class. You need to realize that there wasn't very much on the table, just the stuff I'm actually working on. Surprise, surprise!! Well, I'll be dipped if I didn't keep losing my shapes, to the point dh was laughing at me! WTH! :shock:

Finally just walked away and shook head, not a sewing day! :lol:
Old 04-30-2011, 04:20 AM

I think I spend more time looking than doing. I may laid down my scissors laid them down, go into another room come back and I can't find them. :?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:37 AM

My husband tells people if I put anything in a safe place, it's surely lost. I'm so glad others have that "safe place.
I finally found my IPod after it decided to hide from me...it was gone for several months. I had a basket with old mail, found it hiding in the papers....I've been recycling lots of papers...looking at my house one would realize I have a long ways to go....I'm hoping other items which are hiding will come out soon.
My Dad's ring I put away after he passed...it's bound to show up during this paper tossing binge I'm on, as my daughters hunt thru my house hasn't helped.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:37 AM

It's a malicious genie that lives in dark shadows and just waits for a chance to take the things you have so cleverly hidden and then he grabs them and re-hides them, sometimes three or four times. Is it any wonder that we are scratching our heads and wondering if we are losing it? When I am searching for the things he has puloined, I call it my daily treasure hunts.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:23 AM

My daughter and I always look at each other and laugh when on TV cop shows police arrive to search a house. "Be our guest" would be our reply as there is so much stuff in every room (but at least in a controlled, tidy, way) that the police would spend months searching. I hasten to add that there is no reason at all that our house would ever be searched!
On a more serious note, when my daughter volunteered at our local charity shop, some of the ladies there told of getting clothes from deceased estates with jewellery pinned inside coats, obviously to foil thieves -- but of course then the items were lost to the family. So I can't believe that it's always a good idea to hide valuables.