Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all? >

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kathios
I'm way past menopause, but that was the WORST!!!! My Dr told me the only way to describe meno was PMS x 10.
Amen!! I used to think my grandmother was being silly when she'd wave a fan. I thought that menopause was when a woman felt a little overheated, like a humid August day! Ha!! My menopause was brought about by surgery so my body didn't have time to build up to it. Dr. told me it was like driving my body over the menopause cliff and throwing it into the ravine of shock...so gentle was he, lol! He also told me to expect a lot of the same symptoms as pregnancy...without the ending. Not a good thing to tell a 26 year old woman who's just lost her chance to have more children but I've moved past and can see it was for the best...now if I can only get past all of these hot flashes! :lol:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Of course, its normal to feel this way - I say it is all of the above - just acknowledge it then it will pass. Pretty soon you won't feel so blah...
Old 07-03-2011, 07:28 AM

Meds! They work and help us get through it all. Ask your doctor. No reason to have to deal with it. It is very normal.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
It happens to most people. Let yourself feel your feelings and don't try to explain them. Feelings just are, until they start to intrude or impeed on your life. Then it is time to see your Dr. to see if something else is going on. But try not to compound the situation with guilt. Feel better.
Exactly...well said
Old 07-03-2011, 08:05 AM

It could be depression. Perhaps you should see a doctor. I'm on "happy pills"; "they make my sun shine". They have made a world of difference. I used to be like you; not happy for no reason at all, crying for no reason, felt like crawling in a hole and pulling it in with me.

If it happens more often, I would suggest you seek help.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gramma B
It could be depression. Perhaps you should see a doctor. I'm on "happy pills"; "they make my sun shine". They have made a world of difference. I used to be like you; not happy for no reason at all, crying for no reason, felt like crawling in a hole and pulling it in with me.

If it happens more often, I would suggest you seek help.
You know I think your right, I decided to take myself off the happy pills, thinking everything is just in my head and I'm really not depressed, since I've quit taking them, I've notice I cry a lot for no reason at all, and I'm a bit cranky with the hubby, guess I better call the Dr. and tell her to refill my meds.....I was just trying to get off all meds, including pain pills for lower back pain..Since I've been getting injections in my back, I don't need pain pills, but I think I need my Happy Pills back...LOL
Old 07-03-2011, 08:20 AM

glad i'm not the only one with menopause blues. and i started menopause at 38. i agree with all the other ladies. light, exercise, chocolate did i say chocolate yep, doesn't hurt to here it twice. and the power of positive thinking. and good friends and family. have a happier day.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

It happens to all of us at times in our lives.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Thanks, everyone, I'm better now. When there isn't a reason I try to ignore it but sometimes I just give in to being teary for a bit. Sometimes just looking at pictures and things that make me smile do the trick.

AND...my grandson crawled two steps forward! He then took four back, but he gets it! :) :) :) Can't beat that for therapy!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM

I get these on occasion. Mostly because I don't like being so old but yet I am thankful I am still here. I miss the kids and grandkids and that is usually when it hits. Thank goodness it does not usually last long and I hope the same for you. Just find something to do and no dwell on the negative.