Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • do you feel women should cut their hair >
  • do you feel women should cut their hair

• do you feel women should cut their hair

Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 AM

I have thick, coarse hair and have never worn it long. I think the longest I ever let it grow to was chin length and it drove me crazy. So short for me please - but not "man wearing lipstick" short.
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 AM

I'm almost 66 and a few years ago had my hair totally silver thanks to mother nature. Hair dresser cut it longer due to I was very overweight and needed to balance my face and hair for a better look. As I lost weight and decided to change my color she has shortened it some so that it is bobbed in back and slightly longer in front on sides to flatter face. Everyone has their own preference and as long as you like it go for it, whatever style or length it is.

mltquilt
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 AM

I have very long hair and do not intend to cut it short. I believe everyone should wear their hair the way they like it :-).
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 AM
    Power Poster

I will cut mine when I want to!
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Ditto on this one. I know women of over 60 that wear it both ways

Originally Posted by katieranch
    I am almost 60, my hair is short because it looks best that way and my DH likes it short, too. I think a woman should wear her hair the way that makes her feel best!
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:40 AM

I am 54 and refuse to give in to the "tight perm and short cut" school of thinking. It is chin length right now, don't like it longer, the bottom part gets too thin.
    DS got gray earlier than me (she is older) and had long, straight coarse hair parted in the middle, from age 12 to about 50. She got it cut real short, looks much better. I asked her why she did it, she said, "I saw a picture of myself and I looked like a witch." (she did, too, a little bit) :oops:
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 AM

This is a fun topic,And on I have struggled with for "appearances" I think some, not all get to a point or in my case was always there,that they don't care what others like or think. I laugh at them at work and tell them I am just gonna look like a hag so get used it! I am low maintenience and half the time don't bother with makeup either. Then on the other hand there are those of us that will always be well kept and go out looking great. Its all a choice, I remember a boss telling me that as much money as she was paying me she wished I would get something done with my hair. Let me tell you the alzheimers residents I was working with thought I was beautiful no matter what my hair and makeup were for the day lol. INNER BEAUTY that is what I work on :)If your outter beauty makes your inner beauty feel better then by all means keep the looks up :)
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 AM

I wear mine short because once I hit menopause, I lost half of the hair on my head. Wearing it shorter helps me cover up the thinning spots. I have seen some women who wear their hair long and it looks ridiculous on them, but I have also seen some whose hair looks beautiful long because it compliments their face. A co-worker of mine has the most beautiful salt and pepper hair she wears down to her waist and I am in hair envy all the time just looking at her. To me I don't want to bother with the time and upkeep such long tresses take.
    Old 05-27-2011, 09:00 AM
    Power Poster

Hair style is a personal choice no matter age, sex, etc......
    Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 AM

I am 50 and my hair is down to my hips! I like my hair long. Every few yrs I cut off enough to donate. Btw did u know locks of love charges ppl for their wigs? The others don't I'm told. Then I grow it again! I don't think Iool good in short hair. I wear it how I like it. Like clothes as long as it's clean and respectable who cares?!