Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a house fairy????

Do you have a house fairy????

For years I have noticed things going missing or being moved around the house and today I discovered that I have a house fairy and she is of the naughty kind. She always moves my reading glasses from where I last put them down, unplugs electrical appliances as well as going into my garden and moves my gardening tools away when I turn my back. I only hope that she never gets into my sewing room and causes havoc.

Do you have similar experiences or am I suffering from "senior's moments"?

Power Poster
    A house fairy should clean up my messes and mine seems to be missing. I do have a house gremlin that hides my things.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I only have what may be the spirit of the cook original to this cottage, built in 1811. I frequently hear a foot step in the attic around 10:30 at night, no matter the weather, temperature, or humidity. I believe she would have lived upstairs over the kitchen which is now my living room/sewing room as the original stairs are still here.
    Sure wish she's come cook for me sometimes!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Halleluiah I'm not the only one!! Although I understand that mine are the "cupboard elves" variety. You know the ones who mess up the cupboards while you sleep. First cousins I believe to the house fairy/gremlin.
    Nancy (Go Big Red)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Great things have been done for me,
    and I am filled with joy.

Blog Entries
    I've been told I have an angel following me around his name is Robert.I wish he would do something or talk to me.

I think the borrowers live with me as things go missing and reappear in unusual places. At present they reading a novel I purchased. Hope they enjoy it.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I have a house fairy. Can't find something? Just start rummaging around, muttering. After your attempts are futile, ask the house fairy (who is enjoying herself in the quilting room) and she will tell you where your item is. Her memory is photographic and legendary.
    Is the dishwasher full of clean dishes, preventing you from putting a dirty dish in there? Just disappear for 5 minutes and the house fairy will put all those clean dishes away and then reload it. Voila!
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    i have a house gorilla.
    talk about a mess maker!
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Blog Entries
    I think I may have a few. One leaves dust everywhere and the other one keeps misplacing my rulers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    I've been told I have an angel following me around his name is Robert.I wish he would do something or talk to me.

I think the borrowers live with me as things go missing and reappear in unusual places. At present they reading a novel I purchased. Hope they enjoy it.
    Mine is an angel. I know it is! I have to go out today to apologize to a store for telling them they did not put something I had purchased into a box. I got home, the box was shut, there was the other gift in the box but then there was just bubble wrap. This was over a week ago. Saturday, I got in the car and it was sitting on the passenger car seat. No one sits in that side of the car unless someone is with me - except the angel. I brought food over to my sister in law's home, gifts, etc. and put everything on the passenger seat - front. So now today, I have to return that gift - it was a cast iron bird with its wings covering its eyes as if not to see what was going on - The store gave me another one to replace it and I don't think anyone is going to believe my story (which, by the way, I am sticking to)and couldn't decide whether to fudge the story or not, but if it was an angel, far be it from me to get an angry angel on my case. So I'll go down there and tell them the story, return the bird with its wings covering its eyes - He didn't see anything!!!!!!!!!

We joke about the garden fairy, the shoveling fairy, the snow fairy, but I do not believe in fairies. I do believe in angels. And this angel is having such a good time. But she is teaching me a lesson - don't fib for one thing and secondly you have a chance to let people at the garden shop know there are angels and they may pass my totally hard to believe story around and someone will believe it. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

I have a whole house full of these assorted creatures.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Blog Entries
    Yes and it is called grandchildren
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

.......no, I know I am the one putting things in odd places then forgetting where....I keep St. Anthony on full time payroll! For those who wonder why...he is the patron of " lost things"

When my son was small he was into Hot Wheels cars. One Christmas I bought a Hot Wheels yo-yo, wrapped it, and hid it in the linen closet with all the other gifts. Christmas came, no yo-yo. Tore the closet apart, no yo-yo. Over the years we've cleaned out that closet, painted it, put in new shelving--many times taken out everything and put it back. Two years ago at Christmas I was looking for a Christmas table cloth, pulled it out and a small package dropped at my feet: The Hot Wheels yo-yo!!!! I think the house fairies were playing with it. Oh, BTW, my son is 40 and now the proud owner of a Hot Wheels yo-yo.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I have a friendly spirit named Emily. She hides things and tugs the sheets at night.

For Christmas I received "Stick n Find" Find Your Stuff Stickers. They are stickers to be put on anything that gets misplaced, (keys, phones, remotes) and are sound activated from Ipads, Iphones.

A gift I will use a lot from a thoughtful daughter.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Sigh ..I just have a cat who loves to move things .. OH wait I do have gremlins: rotten things they are. Move my stuff around and the cat puts it back**. Then all the sudden something that was lost appears on the cat scratching tower. Hmmm.. Wonder who is trying to frame who ? hmmm .. a mystery is afoot Watson !

**Addendum to this post: Unless its my scissors, crochet hooks, paper, glue, and many other misc things that the cat doesn't put back ! LOL
    Last edited by Caswews; 12-30-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    When my son was small he was into Hot Wheels cars. One Christmas I bought a Hot Wheels yo-yo, wrapped it, and hid it in the linen closet with all the other gifts. Christmas came, no yo-yo. Tore the closet apart, no yo-yo. Over the years we've cleaned out that closet, painted it, put in new shelving--many times taken out everything and put it back. Two years ago at Christmas I was looking for a Christmas table cloth, pulled it out and a small package dropped at my feet: The Hot Wheels yo-yo!!!! I think the house fairies were playing with it. Oh, BTW, my son is 40 and now the proud owner of a Hot Wheels yo-yo.

How very cool it showed up finally .. AND I am sure he is enjoying his late present !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    .......no, I know I am the one putting things in odd places then forgetting where....I keep St. Anthony on full time payroll! For those who wonder why...he is the patron of " lost things"
    He is on overtime in my house, I am forever asking for his assistance.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Oh yes. We call them "Brownies". They're mischievous little things but they don't mean harm, they're just curious and like to play with interesting little things!

When I can't find something I just ask for it back. "Okay guys, can I have my car keys back, please??" Sometimes it helps to offer a neat trinket in exchange (like the earring that's the mate to the one they already have anyway).

Silly, but it seems to work. Traditionally you're supposed to set out a saucer of cream for the local Brownies every now and then, but the cats and dogs would just drink it and poop everywhere so I don't do that and they seem to forgive me for it. I like to think they raid the bird feeders instead.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have a house fairy and when I start screaming like a banshee, she starts putting things back where I left them in the first place.

the old swedes have always had "tomte" in the house. mom would put out a little bowl of milk for them, and some little squares of bread, during the holidays. it was all done in fun, but her grandmother said that it was only for the best to put it out. then the "tomte" were happy, and the house ran smoothly. even if wed idn't see an appreciable difference in the amount left, it was the thought that counted. the tomte would take care of us and the house. it's not too late, this year-12 days of christmas--and never too soon to feed the tomte!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Named mine Sam. My daughter even named her first child ( girl) Samantha. He used to do crazy things until I had a talk with him. Ha Really who knows, but I know when he is here or if he goes to my daughters house for awhile. She will call and say ... You missing Sam because he is at my house. lol

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I still can't find the earrings I meant to send to my middle granddtr for Christmas. Had to buy her another pair! They are still missing. However I did find my husband's 35mm camera in the front hall closet yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I do have house fairies. Grandma always told us that if we welcome the fairies, we would not be a good place for pixies to cause trouble. So I have a fairy door, fairy curtain hangers, fairy clock and a silly little fairy that was my one attempt to make a soft sculpture fairy. Grandma always had a little piece of wood, with a little knob attached, mounted on the wall, in a lower corner, so the fairies could come and go as the wish. Imagine my surprise when I found my little door online...!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I just KNEW that the pharmacist did not give me my refill on a prescription. She asked me to look for it just one more time and, guess what???, I found it and had to go back and apologize. She made me feel better. Said "it happens a lot with people, so don't feel bad. You're probably the first one who'se apologized tho' " Dodee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast