Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you let your housework go? >

Do you let your housework go?

Do you let your housework go?

Old 07-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Not much time left, i have grandkids and quilting, camping and sooooo many other things to accomplish, no time for housework. lol
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM

I love the comment on hoarders. My house looks downright picture perfect compared to that. I do hate clutter, as it makes me tense, but can't say I don't have it. Especially my desk. But my living room always looks nice, and the kitchen mostly in order. Do laundry every week, and vacuum most every week. Now and then I do what my husband calls 'Lynda' cleaning. That's when I make a particular room look like it has had a makeover. It makes me feel good. I do spend less time cleaning now than before I started quilting. At my age, I figure I need to quilt at a pretty steady pace to be sure all the grown kids, and grand kids and worthy friends get a quilt before I die. That is more important than having a show case home.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 PM

You guys sure make me feel a lot better about my messy house. My wonderful DH tells me I should quilt if I'm feeling creative. The mess will still be there when I feel like cleaning. I keep up with the bathrooms, kitchen and the laundry. The rest is kind of the house has that very lived in look. He doesn't care as long as I cook.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
A spotless house is the sign of a broken sewing machine.

I'm thinking this would be a good sign to hang in my house.

I had the opportunity to retire from teaching at age 55. At first my priority was to have a clean, organized house. Ater a few months I realized I didn't retire to be remembered as having a clean house but to spend time doing things I enjoyed. First I did my "work" in the morning and sewed in the afternoon. That didn't last long. Now I just clean good when I know someone is coming, etc..... Much, much better!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 AM

hehehehe funny that you should bring this up . BUT I have a solution to running yourself ragged. This is what I do......I leave the vacuum out in the main room with a dust rag hanging on the handle. That way I never get "caught " with a dirty house. Is that not wicked???? hehehehe Hasn't failed me yet.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:56 AM

My house was beautiful when I was younger. Now the children are grown and it's time for me to do what I want to do. I'm not going to waste my days cleaning. Even if I don't quilt a day I still don't clean. I do the necessary chores. like cleaning baths, making bed, dishes are stacked in dishwasher. As long as it's neat that's good enough for me.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 AM

Ladies,

I have read all the comments and Good Advice.

My question: "If this Board was a "men's Board, do you think they would spend even one moment discussing CLEANING???

I follow the FLY Lady (google her) method of cleaning 15 minutes each day. Keeps the house presentable with LOTS of time for me and my hobbies.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Housework? what's that? I notice my husband runs around the floor from time to time with a machine that scares the dogs; of course, I never learned how to use it, so I don't touch it.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM

Is there anyone who does not let their house work go?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM

I have never seen a tombstone that says She was a good housekeeper.