Do You Own A Nuwave Oven

Old 01-11-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Check out the reviews of it on Amazon to get an idea of how it works for different people.

My problem is lack of counter space to leave something like this out, plus inconvenient cabinet space to store it. I'm also thinking it's really limited in its uses.
- The only thing you can't cook in the NuWave is soup / stew dishes. I bake cakes -brownies and pie's in mine. The only thing I did not like about the NuWave was the plastic dome. As a belated Christmas gift to myself I ordered myself a whole new one with the glass dome and a spare glass dome for my older one. I'll use the older on the picnic table this summer. The only electrical appliances I make room for on the kitchen counter are my can opener- --NuWave and my over sized tea kettle AKA the micro-wave
Old 01-11-2014, 01:21 PM

If the thing roasts, bakes, etc. , why can't you boil water, soup, stew in it? It makes things hot. The regular oven will boil water, too.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:26 PM

Yes i have one and i love it. I think teh favorite meat to cook on it is chicken. It gets very crispy. Yes saves on energy as you don't have to heat up your big oven for baking. I cook brats, chicken, hamburgers, beef roast pork chops all on the nuwave. love it loooove it.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Don't own one but have looked at them...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

I don't have the Nuwave, but I have a knockoff called the Superwave. Someone told me about it and I asked them to get me one. I am so happy that I did.
It does all the things that are described here about the Nuwave.
Your meats come out moist and tender in less time and you don't have to heat the whole kitchen.
Important if you live in Florida or a humid climate.
You'll love it so much, you'll make space for it!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 PM

if you have room for a rolling microwave cart that works. I had one given to us because I don't have an oven right now. I got just before thanksgiving and cooked a whole chicken in it and it turned out great. I just got the extender ring to be able to cook a bigger ham or turkey. My question is that mine didnt' come with a cook book so I don't know how to bake in it. From what I've read it uses silicone bake ware, so can you use any silicone bakeware or do you have to buy there's? Does anybody have the cookbook they would be willing to download and email to me so I can copy. I've cooked chicken breast, chicken with potatoes, button mushrooms.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:07 PM

I suppose you could boil water or make soup in it, but it would not be very efficient. Other appliances would work much better.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:12 PM

You can use any pan you use in a regular oven. I have used metal and glass for casseroles. I think you can get a cookbook on the web site.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:19 PM

I use ours for pork chops, roasts, sweet potato fries, chicken, shrimp kebabs, steaks. You can cook right from frozen. Just remember to package flat when putting in the freezer.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM

You can get a free 7-day pass to the Cooking Club on the Nuwave website that gives you recipes and also videos. It seems to be really helpful.

Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day View Post
if you have room for a rolling microwave cart that works. I had one given to us because I don't have an oven right now. I got just before thanksgiving and cooked a whole chicken in it and it turned out great. I just got the extender ring to be able to cook a bigger ham or turkey. My question is that mine didnt' come with a cook book so I don't know how to bake in it. From what I've read it uses silicone bake ware, so can you use any silicone bakeware or do you have to buy there's? Does anybody have the cookbook they would be willing to download and email to me so I can copy. I've cooked chicken breast, chicken with potatoes, button mushrooms.