Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you sleep all night or not and >

do you sleep all night or not and

do you sleep all night or not and

Old 10-22-2011, 05:40 AM

i go to bed at 7p.m.(out like a light) and wake up at 3:30a.m. like clockwork... early morning is my very best time, great for cutting fabric, figuring settings, etc. good thing i live alone because no one else i know has this internal clock, but it works great for me. if i try to change this - everything goes wacky. if i am visitng in an eastern time zone i can do bed at 10 and wake at 6:30 for two days or so then my internal clock says "woah" i know this is TMI...LOL....i am 39 (1939 ;))
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 AM

I wake up several times every night, usually at the same times and in one or two hour intervals. I get up in the mornings sometimes more tired than I was before I went to bed.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I would sleep a whole lot better if my Great Dane didn't take her half out of the middle of the bed. She likes to sleep crosswise instead of lengthwise, so that has a definite bearing on how well I sleep. I know, I know. Well, YOU COME AND GET HER OFF THE BED!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
I hear you!! I just put my hand near my 100 lb German Shepherd's collar to move her and she turned her head and barked at me. Did not snap at me, just barked, but I got the word!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 AM

"Then of course, my night life is so exciting, anyway. Go to bed with Ben(gay), visit(the) John several times during the night, Charly (horses) keeps waking me up, then I wake up with Art(thritis)."

Gee, we have the same exciting night life, LOL! I'm 75 and finally have given in to the pattern of 2 hrs. sleep then a potty call then the cycle repeating itself several times during the night. Now I just pile up some soft pillows on the couch and watch tv or read or spend time on the computer and then back to sleep for a few hours and begin my day around 7am. Recently a bad cold came on overnight and at 10 am I was still asleep so DH began to worry and started poking me to see if I was still alive.

Funny story, once I decided to spend that awake time catching up with some sewing. Next morining DH said he had had nightmares about trains coming to run him down. That's when I realized since my sewing room is directly over our bedroom that was no train he heard - it was my sewing machine.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 AM

I have never slept well, even as a child I woke up many times a night. don't have a need for potty trips yet, but a bad night is when you have tried every postion except sleeping between the mattress and box spring.... lol
Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 AM

I only manage to get a full nights sleep when I take an Ambian. Most nights I'm awake by 2 or 3 in the morning. Then I doze on and off till about 4:30 when the morning really gets going. Most of the time I don't know what a full nights sleep is anymore.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 AM

Up until I retired just never required much sleep, maybe 5-6 hours and felt great the rest of the day. Now that I'm retired I find I need even less. Weird, isn't it?
Old 10-22-2011, 06:53 AM

I have always been a good sleeper, but have always had a sleepless night or two around full moon time. Have no idea why, it just happens and I do not feel the least bit sleepy. I sometimes nod off in the afternoon for 1/2 hr. or so but that doesn't seem to matter.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:35 AM

Never was a good sleeper my whole life. Finally in my 40's I was put on prescription medicine that really has helped a lot. I take a smaller amount than prescribed. Really made a big difference in how I feel.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Poor sleep for me. Degenerative arthritis of spine and all joints. I am currently have such back pains that for 2 months I have had to sleep on the sofa. It seems the back of the sofa pushes against my back, and so I sleep better. I am afrain I will never see a bed again.