Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you sleep all night or not and >

do you sleep all night or not and

do you sleep all night or not and

Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 AM

I have had sleep problems for the last 35 years except when I took some heavy duty sleeping pills for 2 years but the pills left me feeling drugged so I stopped taking them. Now I sleep whenever I feel tired sometimes sleep only 2 or 3 hours sometimes I will sleep about 20 hrs at a time waking up to go to bathroom or answer phone but find am still to tired to stay awake so sleep somemore. I do this about once a month
Old 10-22-2011, 08:50 AM

i have ups and downs. One night ,I do great, then other nights I toss & turn. Wake up every 2 hours. Its menapausal I'm sure.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 AM

I just read that in a magazine. It is still irritating waking up at 6:00 a.m. when I'd rather sleep till 8!

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
I just heard on some news story that women don't really need more than 6.5 hours sleep to function well. I manage about 6-7.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:24 AM

Then of course, my night life is so exciting, anyway. Go to bed with Ben(gay), visit(the) John several times during the night, Charly (horses) keeps waking me up, then I wake up with Art(thritis).[/quote]

Love it Cosy!! :)

I'm lucky if I get a 4 or 5 hour stretch. Up at least once a nite to "visit(the) John", then sometimes again. Not so easy to get back to sleep sometimes. I started going to bed quite early a couple months after DH died so that by the time I need to get ready for work, I should be able to get in enuf sleep to function well teaching HSer's... 58 here & lost my DH in May - but wasn't sleeping the nite thru before either. Just seemed to be easier to get back to sleep.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:36 AM

I have the same problem. I go to sleep around 11-ish, wake up again a couple hours later. Sometimes I doze, sometimes I lay there awake. I have back and hip pain too. I started taking Excedrin PM and now I sleep better, but I still do get up and go potty at times. I also take naps around 2pm (dog naps, I call them. lol since that is when the dogs take theirs.) Unless I'm working of course. Then I just push through the day, take Excedrin for the pain and get home and flop in the recliner.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 AM

LOL. This makes me smile as our dogs are in bed with us too... luckily, we've downsized (dogs, not bed) from Keeshonds to Toy Aussie Shephards so they take up less space. At 51, I still sleep well but then I don't tend to go to bed until 1am or later so I'm totally exhausted by then. Can't speak to pre / post as I had a hysterectomy a fews years back and I wear an estrogen patch so technically speaking, I'm avoiding menapause. ;)

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I would sleep a whole lot better if my Great Dane didn't take her half out of the middle of the bed. She likes to sleep crosswise instead of lengthwise, so that has a definite bearing on how well I sleep. I know, I know. Well, YOU COME AND GET HER OFF THE BED!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Old 10-22-2011, 09:48 AM

I'm still amazed at the number of folks that have responded that don't sleep well, me included ! When my children were little i could hear every move they made, especially if they got up; as they got older and started going places at night without me, whether to friends or a ball game, I still didn't go sound asleep until they were home. I really thought that when I got to be my age (64), I would be able to sleep through the night, well I don't !

I can usually go to sleep fairly easy but almost every two hours, if not sooner, I'm awake. Some times I just get up about 1:30 or 2 a.m., check the QB, read, watch tv or make plans what I'm going to do. If I get up that early it makes for a grouchy iritable me the next day. I don't dare try to nap during the day because I'm afraid that would interfere with what little sound sleep I get during the night.

I've tried different sleep meds, either over the counter or RX; I have high blood pressure and can't just take anything. I used to think that the key was a warm bath before bed and that did work a couple of time; I've even been known to get in the tub at 2 a.m. to try and relax enough to go back to sleep.

I saw where someone else mentioned that she can't sew or cut until it is daylight and I'm the same way. I don't have adequate lighting to work at night.

I have a hand held battery powered Solitaire game that I take to bed with me; sometimes when I wake I'll play several hands because that is something I can do mindlessly and try to avoid me trying to solve all of life's What If's !
Old 10-22-2011, 09:59 AM
jem

I take no naps during the day and almost never sleep all night. I wake about 2 A M and can't get back to sleep (if at all) til 4. Some nights I wake at 4 and never return to sleep. This does not seem to bother my days so I guess I'm wired this way.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 AM

I take 2 benedryl and recently went to health food store and found some sleep aids. They've got natural ingredients and I hope they're safe. I still wake up around 3 to 4 AM, but am able to go back to sleep. This problem has been going on since meno. 19 years ago. Still get hot flashes, too. Medical people say they don't last that many years, but they haven't gone through the big M
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 AM

I thought I was having some sleep issues , but now thats its cool again , and I can pile on the blankets .. I sleep much better. I like it cold and to sleep with some weight of the blankets.