Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do You Turn Your Headlights On When It's Raining? >

Do You Turn Your Headlights On When It's Raining?

Do You Turn Your Headlights On When It's Raining?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

it is also a law here in Michigan but one that many people choose to ignore- guess they don't care if other's see them coming...personally - i always have my head lights on if driving down the road- i definitly want the other cars to see me coming- accidents suck!
here the law is- if the weather is (inclimate), you need windshield wipers- if is foggy- visibility is 1 mile or less- headlights are supposed to be on- so many people just don't (bother) but then wonder why they were not seen when they get run into- in our family we make it a pretty strict rule- if you want to pull out of the driveway-the head lights are on- seat belt is buckled- mirrors and seats are adjusted to fit you---no exceptions-
Old 07-29-2012, 07:17 AM

I thought it was law every where. But I know a lot of people do not turn them on.just like they dont use direction lights. joyce j
Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe View Post
Many don't turn on the headlights during the day because they forget to turn them off when they get where they are going. Dead Batteries!!
Forgetfulness is a poor excuse. Besides, if you forget a few times and have to call for a boost, the lesson will be well learned and you'll quit forgetting! For twenty years I drove a vehicle without auto lights or driving lights, and built in the habit of right hand on key, left hand on light switch when starting and stopping. It takes no more thought than turning the key.
When you consider the fact that all that's separating vehicles on many roads is a thin line painted on the pavement and those vehicles have an average closing speed of 100 mph, safe driving becomes a big responsibility.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 AM

I turn my headlights on every time I start my car!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

My car lights come on automatically and stay on when the car is started and turn off after the car is turned off. I never think to turn car lights on or off anymore.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 PM

It's the law in Minnesota, my lights are set to be on all the time.

Pat
Old 07-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

As some others have said, the tailights don't come on when the automatic headlights are on. You have to turn the regular headlights on for your car to be seen from behind.
It is the law here, if you need wipers turn on headlights. I think some people turn off their auto lights to be funny or cute. A grey or silver vehicle is very hard to see at dawn or dusk when it is foggy. My last two trucks were Silver, my 2012 is White Diamond and is much easier to see. I turn on my headlights when it rains, not much this summer, not much rain here, also when it is foggy or just real cloudy. I use my turn signals, even if noone is around.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 AM

It's A state law in every Start in the USA. Then you have people that drive but, do not know the LAWS.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:47 AM

Maryland law requires lights on if wipers are on. I usually have my headlights on anyway. My car is silver gray and I think I'm more visible in any weather if my lights are on.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 AM

If you turn on your windshield wipers you are supossed to turn on your headlights too in IL. Not everyone does of course.