Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else hate pepper?

Blog Entries
    Like pepper but it doesn't like me Gives me heartburn very bad.

Pepper is my favorite. I eat pepper on everthing. Even if it is only the lowwly baloney sandwich with tomatoe. LOL

I love pepper. My sister (who used to have no problem using it) cannot have too much of it nowadays as it triggers some kind of allergic reaction to it.

I like pepper and most all spices.

Blog Entries
    I like pepper, but no salt. DH loves adding tons of salt when he cooks, and I usually wind up eating about 1 forkful. Don't like salt at all.

Blog Entries
    (I don't like the pre- milled pepper though- too dusty or something)
    -------------------------------------------
    I like it as a taste additive. And I agree with you that I don't like the pre-milled black peppers after reading many years ago the amount of rat hairs and rat feces allowed in commercially sold black peppers!!!

Love black pepper and use lots of it but only freshly ground. I find it to be essential in Ceasar Salad and homemade alfredo sauce.

Blog Entries
    oh my, don't come over my house. i don't use salt but do use pepper- a lot.

Blog Entries
    I use to never eat anything that had ground black pepper on it. But surprise! I tasted fresh ground pepper straight from a pepper mill and it was wonderful! Nothing like the ground pepper in a box. Fresh ground black pepper is not hot but full of flavor. All my childhood nothing on the table but ground black pepper in a shaker. That's all I thought pepper was. I made sure my kids knew the difference. We all love fresh ground pepper.

Same with salt. I won't use iodized table salt. I use Himalayan Pink salt or Celtic sea salt. This salt has all the trace minerals and does not taste salty. Hard to explain but the salt taste is not bitter salty salt like regular table salt. Even if you over salt. It has flavor but not the salty taste. I use Kosher salt for big salt jobs like pots of soups or beans.

i love pepper, in all varieties, white, pink, green, red and the traditional black, i do only use fresh ground but with a cheese omelet (which i only make for myself, luckily i live alone) looks like i thru coffee grounds in it, my boyfriend loves my cooking, but when he is around the first thing he askes is "how much pepper" "followed are you crazy?" it is a good way to have dinner out, lol

and a good point is about the salt, i only use table salt to dye fabric, i have himilayan-pink and grey, black salt, and of course kosher, regular sea, and sometimes anything interesting that i find at the health store, i find most processed foods are bitter do to the sodium or perhaps it is the amount of iodine they put in it, my personal opinion is that we get enough table salt/sodium in the foods we consume all the time, so we are unlike to develope ricketts.

ps i am not a health food nut, just hate salt and love pepper

jan in palatka

Can't say that I don't like pepper, but unless it's finely ground, I choke on it. Like some salt.

Thanks everyone. At least now I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like pepper, but we do seem to be in the minority.

I love pepper on most things, but can do without salt.

I hate black pepper big time!!! Wont eat most food with pepper in it. Yucks!!!

Never have cared for pepper, either.

I HATE pepper. Makes me sneeze even if it is cooked into the recipe.

I like pepper a lot and use it in cooking all the time. Two things I absolutely have to put lots of pepper on are hamburgers and salad. I know, that's strange, but they just don't taste right if I don't add lots of pepper. My husband says, "Would you like a little burger with your pepper?" On salad I especially like fresh ground pepper from a pepper mill. Also, the older I get, the more I like it.

I like all sorts of pepper-white,black,green,cayenne etc.Have an intolerance for apples, even though I think they are yummy.

Not me. I love love love it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMama
    I like pepper a lot and use it in cooking all the time. Two things I absolutely have to put lots of pepper on are hamburgers and salad. I know, that's strange, but they just don't taste right if I don't add lots of pepper. My husband says, "Would you like a little burger with your pepper?" On salad I especially like fresh ground pepper from a pepper mill. Also, the older I get, the more I like it.
    We like pepper on our salads too! Either coarse grind or freshly ground with the pepper mill. Really makes that salad sparkle. :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddict
    Just wondering if anyone else, besides me, hates the taste of pepper. I never use it and hate to eat food from anyone else or a restaurant that uses it. If there is pepper on food, that's all I can taste. Friends are always telling me there is so little in something that I won't even taste it, but I always do. Am I the only one? Please tell me that I'm not.
    I hate it too, if I use it its very spareingly, my dad was allergic to it. So I think there is a few of us around.

I never use very much because that is all I can taste. I only put it in dressing and squagh or eggplant casseroles. I don't want onions around at all either.

I adore pepper...would not want to cook/eat without it!!! Definitely use more pepper than salt. I can just see a cup of clam chowder with the top almost totally black with pepper...yum :thumbup: :lol: and I can see most of you running to the loo at the thought :lol: Sorry :oops: just love pepper.

I use black pepper occasionally and only a tiny bit when I do, and very rarely use salt when cooking. I also don't eat bell peppers because of the nasty heartburn it gives me (not to mention the price they want for it at the grocery stores!).

I am with you and I hate the stuff. I also cannot stand the taste of salt either. I do bake cookies and stuff with salt, only because I'm scared it'll mess it up if I don't use it.

I never used to have grooves in my tongue, but I sure do now and as I get older, they get deeper. When I was younger I could eat not only black pepper, but lots and lots of salsa, hot peppers, even hot sauce at a chinese restaurant. Not anymore. I will not eat food at restaurants unless I'm absolutely sure it won't have pepper on it. My DH uses salt and pepper so much I can't imagine that he actually knows what his food is supposed to taste like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast