Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does Costco do Refills ??

Does Costco do Refills ??

I had heard from someone that Costco was refilling empty ink cartridges. If that is true, is the service available in all stores?? I have an old H/P Deskjet. THANKS
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

My Costco Does

My Costco does (at the photo desk), it's in the $8-10 range, depending on capacity. My printer uses XL cartridges that hold more, so they were at the high range of the scale. Watch the coupon book, sometimes there is a $2 off coupon.

I've seen a sign at Walgreen's saying they do this, but I've never tried it.
    Lori

We take ours to Cartridge World for refills, we turn one in and get a new one.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    My son, the IT, says never never have your ink refilled. It just doesn't work right for one thing and for another the quality of the ink is not that good. I did, sorry, Gary, and he was right! It was horrific. Never again. I had to get a new printer and got the HP Envy and they (the hp ink police) know when I am running out of ink and send me new packages. I love it that way - never totally run out and it is convenient and I know that my printer is getting fed properly! I did do Walgreen's and as nice as they are, the quality of ink just isn't there. Sorry!

The worst thing that happened to me was when I was printing up the quilt patterns from the Fab Shop Hop and ran out of ink, went to W store, got refilled and the ink did not even last through printing up the patterns. Doesn't last as long either.

Hope that helps. Ever so happy with my Envy!!!!!!!! Love it!~ Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    I go to The cartridge man, think that's their new name. It used to be Rapid Refil. We've used them for yrs at the hospital and haven't had any problems and they stand behind thier products. Be careful, when you go to some of these places they aren't being refilled by people that have been taught properly plus they don't stand behind the refills if you have a problem. First check on the warranty offered and then the qualifications of employees who do it. At RR they already have the cartridges filled so you can get them off the shelf and its the same price rather you turn in your empties or not. It's still less than 1/2 of the cost any place else but is backed with a guarantee
    Judy

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Edie;6753871]My son, the IT, says never never have your ink refilled. It just doesn't work right for one thing and for another the quality of the ink is not that good.

This is why you have to be careful. My ink always last as long as the orginal cartidge did and the ink quality is the same as my HP ink. I also work in the IT field and know that not all refill places are the same and thier are some good ones. If you go to a store that specializes in that you are better off. I'd never go to a drug store, which I know someone who did and had problems. I'm not sure about Costco, they probably send thiers out. I don't know, quit being a member yrs ago.

If that had happened to my printer the store would have fixed it if it was no longer under warranty.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
    I've seen a sign at Walgreen's saying they do this, but I've never tried it.
    I used Walgreen's and the cartridge emptied out too fast - I didn't get very many printed pages before it ran out. I tried them a couple of times with the same result. I probably won't use them again.
    Kathy Stewart from IA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kath_stirut

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
    We take ours to Cartridge World for refills, we turn one in and get a new one.
    I use Cartridge World too. Same price if you turn an empty in or not. They also have a punch card towards a free cartridge
    Kathy Stewart from IA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kath_stirut

Yes they do, and the price is extremely reasonable. I've had a lot filled by Costco.

Re-filling ink cartridges is a drag....My DH buys them on e-bay for $1.00 or so each, then we trade the empties in at Staples for $$$$. We actually make money on the ink cartridges.
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Blog Entries
    'I took my epson cartridge to Costco, it didn't work. The printer kept saying 'out of ink' after I installed the new refilled cartridge, Wasted $8.00

Yes, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
    'I took my epson cartridge to Costco, it didn't work. The printer kept saying 'out of ink' after I installed the new refilled cartridge, Wasted $8.00
    I had the same experience.