Does your hubby cook?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fiber Artist
Always helps,He even cooks on the grill in the winter!!(I live in Colorado!!)He even cleans!!
When we lived in Colorado, my DH would grill in the winter too, just scrape the snow off the top of the grill. Only in a heavy snow storm, or rain will he not grill (of course he does not always "feel" like cooking)
Old 05-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
I work 5 days a week and my husband cooks for me each night. The only times he misses is when he is gone overnight or ill. It is wonderful not to have to fix a meal after working all day!!! I finally got a good one...Hubby that is!!!
That's how it is at our house too. I feel so lucky. And it is so nice to come home to a meal. He works from the house so he's there to cook. Most times I'll cook on the weekend or we'll cook together.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Google Goddess

My husband will grill outside!

Also he is good about helping me to do the dishes and sometimes he will clean up the kitchen all by himself.

Craftybear
Old 05-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Mine does all the cooking except for holidays or when we have company and then I usually do it. Once in awhile when he gets tired of cooking he tells me it's my turn. But then he comes in the kitchen to supervise everything I do, so I just turn it over to him and he ends up cooking anyway. He does all the grocery shopping also (leaves me more time to sew) and I do kitchen duty. Everyone in our neighborhood thinks I am spoiled rotten.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM

My ex-husband is a chef. His favorite line used to be "I don't make you handle lawsuits when you get home from work!"

My DH Jim will cook when I am overwhelmed or down or not in the mood. He's pretty good with basics, but nervous about other things. I cook most nights, which is fine with me, because I like it.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:41 PM

He does now. He had surgery and was having to stay home so he watched the kids. One day when I got home I guess he had a ruff day and told me that I needed to watch the kids when I get home to give him a break. I said sure not a problem- you cook dinner. So he has been cooking dinner. Last night was noodles and pancakes, but I didn't say a word lol.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Google Goddess

at least he is cooking!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by imjustme
He does now. He had surgery and was having to stay home so he watched the kids. One day when I got home I guess he had a ruff day and told me that I needed to watch the kids when I get home to give him a break. I said sure not a problem- you cook dinner. So he has been cooking dinner. Last night was noodles and pancakes, but I didn't say a word lol.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Absolutely!! The kids are always hungry the minute he picks them up from the bus. I try to help with crockpot meals or something ready twice a week, but he does most of the cooking and cleaning before I get home.

I try to handle the laundry, homework, piano practice, & bedtime. Kids are a cooperative effort!!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:57 PM

My husband does weird things like that. Rice AND biscuits. Like I'm not fluffy enough! He is 6'4" and skinny, and I am 5'1" and well upholstered. But he's such a good guy, and he does try hard.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Mine does most of the cooking and shopping! And he does real good, most of the time. When I do cook, he is busy telling how I should do this or that. I hate to cook, and with a dishwasher, cleaning up isn"t too bad. I hate it when he talks like he knows better than I. We have been married 56 years, and for 45 of that, I did all the shopping and cooking, but he "thinks" he taught me!!LOL I love hearing him tell one of the kids how to make something, like it is original from him. I just wish when he makes something really tasty, he would stick to the way he did it, instead he is always trying to improve with spices or something, and then it is ruined.