Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does Your Husband Help With Chores? >

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 PM

My DH is wonderful at helping around the house. He did all the dishes after dinner tonight!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:53 AM

While I can relate to some of this I have to admit that I have a wonderful husband who helps me regularly. He always does the ironing and the vacuuming, he also frequently scrubs out the shower recess for me as I can not kneel to do the floor properly.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 AM

My guy is wonderful about doing things inside and outside the house plus he has a touch of ADHD! I must admit though, I almost had a heart attack when he first started doing laundry at my place -- he threw black t-shirts, jeans, and whites in the same wash! :shock: :shock: Now I just thank him for the offer but say I'll do my own laundry! ;)
Old 12-28-2010, 04:19 AM

no no no no and NO! - He said helping is "woman's work" We DO eat out alot; frankly - I'm tired of the cooking and cleaning bit and not ashamed to say so.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:20 AM
tmg

Mine helps with anything inside and does everything outside.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 AM

I retired from teaching two years ago and for most of that time it has been a really sore spot with me that I worked for 30 years and retired to become the housekeeper ( he was fantastic about house things before I retired). AND I know it made sense... I now had an extra 8 hours a day that I didn't have before! But my son's gf help me put it in perspective... a clean house, supper cooked and laundry all done is a gift I can give myself and hubby every day.

He still helps on weekends and wraps his arms around me and says, "When I am retired I'll take over the kitchen and you can sew all day long!" C'mon May 1 2013!!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i'm confused.

you feel inconvenienced because your husband wants to contribute to the housework?
he wants to do a chore but apparently isn't sure how to do it correctly?

where's the problem? sounds more like an opportunity to me.

if you show him - without foolishly making him feel like a useless idiot - he'll be able and willing to do that chore more often.
I agree.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:55 AM

HA HA My husband cleans, dusts, vaccumms, washes dishes, washes clothes and even watches the baby till I get home.

He does pretty much does everything except cook. We don't want him to cook!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:57 AM

I am the luckiest woman in the world. DH started doing wash years ago when I started to work. Now that we are retired he still does it and if I have a project going he cooks and makes beds. Not only that he has been concerned about me lifting my heavy sewing machines to go to class so for Christmas I go a Jamome Sew mini , just 5lbs. and gift certificate to Joannes. Can't have him guys.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 AM

DH does all the outside work (I'm unable due to a bad knee).

If I ask him, he'll help with indoor work, but I usually do the vast majority. I don't mind doing it, but I do get a little annoyed with him occasionally for creating messes (and extra work) or hazards that could be easily avoided. Stuff like throwing his dirty clothes in the floor when the laundry basket is just a few feet away, leaving food on dishes that gets dried up and difficult to wash when it just takes a second to throw the dish in the sink and fill it with water, leaving his shoes in the middle of the floor where they can be tripped over, etc.

He does work full time and supports my hobbies, so I really can't complain too much. He's a good guy and a wonderful husband. :)