Dog people

Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 PM

Guilty as charged on all 3 counts!! Bailey is a tiny Chihuahua and he sleeps anywhere he can get up on! Mostly my lap! And under the covers at night!
I also have 4 cats that sleep anywhere Bailey can not get to! Except of course counters and table tops--I do have some rules!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

We have 2 Black Lab/Hound mixes and they have us fairly well trained. They do have their own dog beds and an enclosed porch with doggy-door access and air-conditioning for the California summer.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM

We have three English Setters. They prefer to sleep together in their kennel. Once in a great while they will come to bed. The two in the avatar are sisters, and they have been sleeping together since birth, so they REALLY like to be together. The older mama, prefers to sleep in the closet on her own bed, or next to the bed. I can't imagine being without them. They are so gentle, and intelligent. A wonderful dog around children and great hunters also. They have a kennel in the garage, with a doggie door to the outside... so they can be outside and still get in out of the weather. Most of the time they are in the kitchen with us!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 PM

I have 3 yorkies and all but the blind one sleep in bed with me. I don't let him up there because I'm afraid he'll fall off (he's a touch confused at times as well). I also have 4 cats. They come and go all night. Heaven forbid if I ever decide to get married again...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 PM

Guilty of all three counts!! Patches was a rescue and was a skinny, starving little guy when we got him. He trained us quickly and now he's on diet dog food. Gotta love 'em!!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM

I am so guilty. My mother in law bought me the cutest little "morkie" when my husband went to Iraq. *she thought I needed something to keep me busy and my mind on something other than what might or might not be happening over there* and she was right. My little dog is named Lily and I am so guilty of dressing her in little frilly dresses and hair ribbons. She does sleep in our bed and under the covers. :)
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Our Baby Jake, he gets to sleep on the sofa or Chaise lounge, we rescued him and had some behavior problems had to send him to doggie boot camp. Because he was aggresive he is not allowed on our bed. Which I have always been sad about. He wasn't even aloud in our bedroom because of the aggression. Then I broke my leg two years ago and we changed the rules, I was in bed for 4 months and needed him with me so now he gets the chaise lounge in our bedroom. He is now 14 years old and the love of our life
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28488.jpe   attachment-28489.jpe  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM

uh oh, I'm guilty of having 4 dogs! Rescued greyhound (sleeps in his bed on the floor), Italian greyhound (sleeps under the covers), rescued Shih Tzu (sleeps above the covers, usually at foot of the bed) , and a long hair dachsund (sleeps under, over, around, on my pillow - wherever he ends up last) They are ALL spoiled!

Bandit and Sadie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28638[/ATTACH]

Zaire
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28639[/ATTACH]

Bandit and Lola
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28640[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28638.jpe   attachment-28639.jpe   attachment-28640.jpe  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I want to raise my hand but I can't. Where we live they don't allow animals. I barely get away with having an aquarium. Before we moved to Ky. we had 2 large dogs, a cat, 2 guinea pigs and 2 hampsters. I miss having animals. they are such great company.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 PM

We had 3 dogs but a year ago I had to put one down, he had lymphoma. He was a german shepherd/chow, rescued from a no-kill shelter. He had spent 3 1/2 years with them. The remaining are Che, a smooth coat chow and Ruby, a pit bull/chow. We say Che is short for chekin and Ruby loves attention and her belly rubbed.