Dog people

Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 AM

I have a senior Wire Fox Terrier and a very young Boston Terrier. I adore them! I am owner type #4 - the Boston (Winston) sleeps under the covers and I mold myself around him rather than make him move!

jimi and winston
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28643[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28643.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 AM

Here's a picture of Winston that won first prize in a pet photo contest.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28936.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:39 AM

Bess owns the house,, the yard and us. She is 7 years old now and a sweetheart, except she eats everything she can get ahold of. PArticularly likes butter.

She sleeps on the couch or the chair and we have a pad for her to lay outside on in weather like this ( going up to 45 today) and she loves to lay in the sun, can't in the yard - 3 feet of snow yet. But she can be on the patio. She loves to ride in the car, loves people, is particular about other dogs, loves puppies, no matter what size.

And we love her too. She has to lay on every quilt I make, either when I am laying it out on the floor, or when I bind it, she curls up on what is on the floor. She's a sweetheart. Edie
Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 AM

2 Aussie shepards rule my house, while they aren't allowed on the furniture they do have beds both upstairs & downstairs, thier own doggie door and probably get way to many dog treats....Sarg & Sasha
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28645.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM

we have a pug, Crouton, and a beagle, Trixie.

Crouton used to sleep with the kids but now she has her comfy kennel (she doesn't want anyone now) and Trixie has her kennel. They have a reall comfy bed in the living room to hang out on during the day- or the couch for Trixie (always on a blanket). Crouton is 12 and unable to jump on the couch so we lift her up to cuddle.

Saturday I am making "pupcakes" for them. Natural treats baked in mini cupcake tins.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 AM

I have a German Shepherd name Miss Annie. She is a very sweet and silly girl and totally spoiled. She sleeps on my bed, allowed on the couch and chair, and has a toy box full of her toys. She also goes to doggy daycare once a week as well. Life would be pretty lonely without her I am pretty lucky.

Here is a picture of her when she was little. As you can see her ears hadn't come up all the way.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29132.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Just curious...how many of y'all are dog owne. and what kind of dog and how spoiled are they. #1 being the dog sleeps on the furniture #2 being the dog sleeps on the bed and #3 being the dog sleep s in bed under the covers :)
I Have 7, 3 pugs, 4 king charles---english toy spaniel, 4 sleep on/in bed, one blind at bedside for safety, one incontinent in cage ,one beaten within an inch of her life and after 13 years very very scared is a loner ,has access to all but usually sleeps in front of aga; all consider I am their servant and prefer that I do NOT sit in my chair.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Yes! Definitely a Dog Person. We currently have three boxers and would love to add a Boston or Pug to the family!

We our oldest in July from old age which was devastating.

Striker, Aimee, Falon and Belle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29017[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29017.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Yes! Definitely a Dog Person. We currently have three boxers and would love to add a Boston or Pug to the family!

We our oldest in July from old age which was devastating.
Yes it is always so very hard to lose a beloved companion. We lost two last year to old age. I still think about them every day.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM

My dogs are so spoiled, they rule the house (I think they just let us live with them). Reilly,6, is a West Highland White Terrier and Brodee,5, is a Scottish Terrier, they are truly best friends except when they have a bone. They have trained my husband well.

Reilly & Brodee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29094[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29094.jpe