Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is doing something that scares you , always a good thing?

Blog Entries
    Just take normal precautions as many have suggested and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that you will feel as you get stronger with every new thing you do all by yourself. Have a wonderful time!

Believe in yourself. You can do whatever you want!!

enjoy your trip......we will be thinking of u...........

Get a book on CD and listen to it. It will make the time go faster. YOU can do it!!!

To gain courage in my nervous period when driving alone I blessed myself and the road as I began the journey. It helped alot. It is hard to be alone but you will become stronger.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say it is ALWAYS a good thing, but I do think that anxiety is normal in lots of situations, and something that you have to make friends with if you want to achieve things in life.

Just ask yourself- is this something that will make my life more fulfilling? Can I live with the anxiety and just do it anyway? If the answer to both is yes, then off you go- enjoy the ride (and do make sure to stay on the correct side of the road)

Gute Reise!

Fear is not bad, as long as you're not ignoring your better instincts and doing something stupid, like swimming in shark-infested waters! But your trip sounds great. I always get a twinge of fear when I go on a trip alone, but if I let it get to me, I'd never do anything! Enjoy!

Super Member ChildoftheUniverse's Avatar
    You will be fine! Good luck and enjoy the journey one mile at a time...

In this situation... Yes! Be brave little buckaroo!

Rely on God. We cannot do anything by ourselves!! I will be praying for your safety.

<>

I wouldn't say "always," but I would give a qualified 'yes!' Stepping out of that comfort zone is how we learn to live with fear as opposed to living in fear. And once you take that step and earn that confidence, you might even find yourself having fun :thumbup: :thumbup:

If I can drive in Washington DC ( this past week ) you can make it to Germany. Just remember which side of the road to drive on. My sister said that was the biggest problem she had when they were in England. have fun

You will do great. Take a lot of breaks and drive at a speed you feel comfortable with.

Let us know how your trip goes.

Blog Entries
    AFTER my divorce I found out I could do anything I set my mind too.
    If you don't try you will never know.
    You will be fine.
    GO FOR IT!!!
    J J

The apprehension is generally much worse than the actual drive, so don't stress about it. I've been there, done that, (driving in a new city, and I'm from the country all my life!) and believe me, you'll do just fine. Take a deep breath and GO FOR IT!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Good luck and have fun!!!

You'll be fine, I've had to do the same thing only here in Wa. but I made it all by myself. In fact I am quite proud of myself. It was a very rough first year and a few months,but I think I am on top of the world now. I'm happy in a new relationship, we each have our own space. I'm getting myself financially secure, or at least I'm not over run by his bad money habits. It's a great life at 60.

wish you luck ,but I am pretty sure you will do just fine, take care.

Blog Entries
    you'll be fine! :) Power of positive thinking!

Go for it girl!! The first step is always the hardest!

Good luck, you'll be fine, remember to take those breaks, especially if you are getting tired, better to be late than dead on time, i've driven from Margate to Germany, though have to admit i had company,
    Have fun and enjoy the drive,

you will do wonderful, i have never been blessed to see europe, but i have seen los angles at rush hour, the most important thing is the above list (food, blanket, water etc) and a good flashlight or too, friends to call like a flight plan in an airplane, and a good book, because if you are stuck somewhere and somehow, car breaks down and you have to stay where you had not planned, you will have something to read, i have driven from alaska to california, california to alaska, alaska to oregon, oregon to montana, montana to ohio, ohio to texas, texas to new mexico and back to alaska, not in one trip, but my last one was washington state to southern florida, southern florida to north carolina and now i am in back in florida. and if i can do it you can too, probably do a better job than i did. send us pictures of your wonderful trip.

and during part of these trips i was driving a 25 year old junker car, hand 2 small kids and an incontient dog. it was hysterical, be safe

jan in palatka

You will do just fine. Always say a little prayer before you start out, and You Know Who will make sure you are ok

Don`t go alone, take the Good Lord with you, and let him worry about it.

Good luck! I was so use to depending on my husband that when we split I was not sure if I would make it. When I started looking at a new place to live I met a guy renting apartments. I never forgot what he told me, " The first step is always the hardest, every one after it just gets easier".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast