Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Is doing something that scares you , always a good thing?

no need to be nervous going through the small towns but if it is the city like frankfurt I would park the car and use the public transportation that is so good there. good luck and enjoy you trip.

I agree with everyone. When I retired, my goal was to drive, by myself, from Baton Rouge to Atlanta. I was very nervous the entire way, but, when I did it I felt so proud of myself! Now I do it every few months and look forward to the drive (with recorded books) and am very relaxed. Go for it and you will feel so good once you do it!!!!!!

Wish I could come... We had a foreign exchange student from Munich. It's been 2 months since we sent him home!!! We sure do miss him... Good luck driving!

Blog Entries
    The first time for everything is scary, but when you get done, don't you always ask yourself "I don't know why I was so scared." Just use common sense, be patient with you, and enjoy the trip.

we had no problem driving in Germany the signs were a little confusing driving in Poland the some of the rural roads are only 1 1/2
    lanes wide both you and the car you were meeting had to pull over Switzerland road were great and France's road were good but in Paris we parked our car and used public transportation.you will be fine.

What an adventure you're going to have! Don't worry, you're going to have a grand time!

Hope you have a wonderful trip. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Think of the doors that will open with just a small "out of comfort zone" happening. New horizons are coming. Enjoy ;o)

So how did the drive go?

Blog Entries
    Have fun -enjoy the drive-take in the scenery. I drove across the USA with a 5yr old after a divorce and at the end I KNEW there was nothing I could not do on my own. It was exhilerating -and it sure did wonders for my self esteem. It was a little scarey at first -but it was soo worth it. :-) Enjoy your adventure

Fear is usually what we feel when we do something new. Do it, take your time, be safe and then you will have one more thing to not be afraid of anymore. Then you can begin the new part of your life.....probably a better one.

Senior Member janquilts'ncrochets's Avatar
    Good luck to you & keep telling yourself "I can do it". I divorced almost 2 years ago and was a bit hesitant to do certain things too. Hope you do well. :-)

Blog Entries
    Wishing you a safe trip - many times the thought of doing something different or new is alot worse than actually doing it. I know you can do it! 8-)

Banned
    know that you are on your way and will get there; Good Luck.

I have driven in Germany, out on the autostrada in Italy and compared to driving here in rural Georgia, those places are a piece of cake, Germany has excellent drivers so you will do fine.

Thankyou everyone who took the time to reply and wish me luck. Like many of you predicted ,once I had done it I felt on top of the world.The people in Kirchzarten were so friendly and I loved practising my German. I will definately aim to return soon.

Good luck.

When you go back, make sure you hit one of their bakeries in the morning for some of their fresh bear claws, and what ever else looks good! You won't regret it and any pounds you might gain will be well worth it.

no .time 2 sew.
    Are those croissants you are talking about or something else? I found their kaiser rolls so goos I didn't even neeed to have a sugar hit, That and the Lyoner , and the wurst..... Oh boy do I miss the food !!

Quote Originally Posted by melissa Dove
    no .time 2 sew.
    Are those croissants you are talking about or something else? I found their kaiser rolls so goos I didn't even neeed to have a sugar hit, That and the Lyoner , and the wurst..... Oh boy do I miss the food !!
    No they look like a fan sort of,we had them up around Landstul, in some town that hubby had to go to get some wine, that is, almost as good as the warm breakfast rolls. Have the croissants when you decide to drive to France. This you can do too!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3