Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Downton Abbey / Upstairs Downstairs

tmw
    don't bother me when i'm watching Downton Abbey. i really get into it. on Netflix, when you click on your movie,a preview , in text will come on, then you click on the image of the show, it should come on. the first two seasons of the show are on there, and i love the call the midwife too.oh, you can watch the currant downton abbey shows on the website of PBS.org.
    Thelma

I want to catch up with seasons 1 and two but cant find them on the PBS website. Where are they?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
    Yes, I saw them at the h.c. sewing mach.'s too. Neat. Love that show.
    I enjoyed the machines too. Need a little help here. The woman who came to the door that refused the help, and later the organizer (don't know her name) went to her place....what is her thing? I know she gave a child away in Season 2, but I'm missing something here.

Blog Entries
    I didn't know she gave her child away in Season 2. to the grandparents? she seems to have one now since i heard a noise in her home. hmmmmm. don't give too much away for those who haven't caught all the series!

She didn't give the child to the paternal grandparents because they were going to cut her out completely. So she kept the baby. She was a miad at Downton Abbey and the father was a soldier at the hospital when Downton housed a hospital.

I recently got Hulu Plus and watched seasons 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey after the holidays. Thoroughly enjoyed them. Now watching Season 3 weekly, available at PBS.org. I find the writing a bit uneven this season, esp for Shirley McLain's character, and the constant sneering of Thomas is overkill. I agree the best character is the Dowager Lady Violet. Dame Maggie Smith is such fun. She speaks volumes with just a head tilt!

I love Downton Abbey. I watched all 3 so far and will hopefully get to see number 4. It is a wonderful story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle8675309 View Post
    My husband and I have been watching Downton Abbey. So far we've watched all of Season 1 & 2. Now we only have two episodes left (starting Season 3) to watch before we're caught up.

We are really enjoying this series, and I was wondering, is the series Upstairs Downstairs somewhat like Downton Abbey? Have any of you watched Upstairs Downstairs? Did you enjoy it?

Thanks.

Gayle
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

Where do you watch this show & season 1 & 2? Have heard about it but haven't found it.

The show is on PBS Masterpiece Theater. Go to PBS.org and you can find recent episodes a few days after they air on TV. I got the 1st 2 seasons by subscribing online to Hulu Plus- about $9/month. Many libraries have the DVDs for free borrowing. Probably on Netflix also.

I watched Upstairs downstairs back in the day. That series got me hooked on PBS. I have been a loyal viewer ever since.

I truely loved it the first seasons, but fear its turned a tad soap-operaish, which isn't that bad, as LynnVT says, there are worst things such as the not-real-reality shows.
    When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, itís not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Bella Swan, Twilight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2