Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drinks

Blog Entries
    I used to drink lots of diet Dr Pepper. Then in 2008 I was yet again rushed to the ER because I was in severe pain all over. And yet again, all the test showed nothing was wrong. The shot me up with lots of pain killers and sent me home. The pain was so bad no one could even touch me. It took me again almost two weeks to get my strength back up to go back to work. Then my DDIL sent me an email about aspartame poisening and I had so many of the symtons so I ordered the book; Sweet Poisen. I'm a hard sell on things but I had no doubt after reading that book that's what I had. I went off everything that has aspartame in it and I've never had another episode since then. It's hard to keep away from aspartame since it's in things you don't even know about; flavored Blistix, flavored Alka-Seltzer, etc. Things that don't even say they are low in sugar. I checked everything.

Now, my beverage of choice is unsweet Ice tea, I never did like sweet tea and ice water w/lemon. When I want a soda it is Dr Pepper and I go for the regular, not the diet. The good thing about drinking mostly ice water and unsweet tea besides it being better for you is that my grand kids love to drink what I drink so I feel good when I can let them do it. I don't let them have my Dr. P, too much sugar for them. For hot drinks, I like coffee, different teas with Earl Gray and Jasmine being my favorites.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    [
    As someone else said, I have a feeling that diet versions of the popular drinks will be proven in time to have more bad stuff in them than we understand now. I have spent time being addicted to Coke Zero, but I am free of it now and don't even like the taste anymore, thankfully.[/QUOTE]

If you check you'll find out that it has already been proven that the diet stuff (aspartame) already has bad stuff in it. For one it has formalcohyde (sorry for the spelling) in it, which when heated gets hard. First of all it normally always gets heated and secondly I know they'll put that in me when I die so I don't want it before hand. Check my other thread on here and you see what I put about what I went thru when drinking the diet stuff. The country that invented it won't even use it in thier own diet drinks, they use Stevia. That should tell you something. Aspartame started out being a drug used to treat ulcers until a chemist spilled some and licked it off his fingers and saw that it was sweet and wa la, we had another money maker. There are to many big companies involved to make official studies but if you read the book Sweet poisen you'll be amazed at how many people are affected and what all it can do to you and your kids.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I drink mostly Seltzer with lime added. I don't drink soda except once in a while if we go for burgers (that is not something we do a lot either anymore) I have 2 cups of coffee in the morning and if any is left over I have iced coffee in the afternoon during the summer. In the winter I drink hot tea in the afternoons. Milk is only for cereal here but I do try to drink a lot of water...that takes a some effort.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

i drink hawaiian friut punch, coke, and plenty of water.

Blog Entries
    Water, but I have to have fresh cut lemon in it. Crystal Lite Lemon and Lite Lemonade at fast food, if they have it.
    Linda

With IBS and lactose intolerance, I don't drink anything dairy or any juices (acid content!). I hate the taste of coffee and tea so basically I drink water or drinks that are mostly water, like orangeade and lemonade (but only the canned or powdered mix kind; the kind made from real lemons has too much acid for my tummy). Fortunately I like water.
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Miller Lite!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I have to admit, that I am working on a coffee addiction, that I have had since childhood. I grew up in a Swedish family so need I say more? I have to crawl to the coffee pot in the morning. Since moving to Maryland I have discovered iced
    coffee and sweet tea. Not really fond of either, especially the tea. I am trying to drink more water and love an occasional
    glass of ginger ale and ice, especially in this summer heat. I have been pondering something, how did our ancestors possibly survive summer wearing all of the clothes they did, with no a/c. Corsets, petticoats, hoops and long skirts,
    I guess they were made of stronger stuff than I am.
    Kaye Jacobson Salverda

Coffe with a little milk and no sugar for the morning. I like cold drinks, diet Pepsi or 7 up in the can,(although I haven't had any lately), plain seltzer and ice tea. DH and I usually have a cup of hot tea in the afternoon but not during the hot weather. Then it's ice tea, prefer to make my own but sometime have bottle tea. Ice tea is so refreshing. I've been drinking more water, especially in restaurants. Why pay for a big glass of soda or ice tea that doesn't taste good and that you'll most likely leave unfinished. I ask for with lemon.

Coffee and more coffee- although I have cut down. Iced tea when it is hot or ice water-have to have ice water by the bed-cats and I share.
    Love Irish tea with milk and honey.
    Try to keep sugar to a minimum-use Splenda-not fond of Equal.

I gave up drinking anything with artificial sweetener last November. I gave up sugary drinks years ago. Now I mostly drink water. Occasionally I drink unsweetened tea. I used to hate water. My taste buds have now adjusted and the last time I took a sip of a soft drink, I poured it down the drain after that sip! It tasted terrible!! I do drink coffee in the morning and have an occasional hot tea (herbal).
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I drink iced tea. Have a lovely little tea pot I got at an antique store. Put one family size Lipton tea bag in and two or those little metal loose tea holders with a flavored tea. I prefer mango, apricot mango or peach, but do sometimes do current. I pour boiling water in the pot, let it steep for about 10 minutes then add it to filtered water to make a 2 qt. pitcher full. Drink it morning, noon and night. I also like plain filtered water. Have a filtered water dispenser on the refrigerator door, but also just bought a Brita filter. I like it better because the pitcher stays in the fridge and I can have a glass of really cold water at any time. Never drink coffee. Upsets my stomach. But on special occasions will have an Espresso. That doesn't bother me. Go figure. At night, I do indulge in my one Martini. Never drank milk. Even as a kid.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

water, home made tea with no sugar both hot and cold, 1 glass of milk daily and some times wine or beer
    Anna Quilts

Classic Coke

I drink water, milk, and wine. In the winter I'll drink cappuccino, I have a machine, and the coffee is decaf. I cut out sodas over 20 years ago. I too question the artificial sweeteners. Hubby drinks soda daily that are diet, but I think you just can't add artificial stuff to our foods without having some type of repercussions.

2 cups of coffee in the morning, with a bit of cream and no sugar.A glass of juice with breakfast. The rest of the day I mostly drink water...sometimes the sparkling water. Ice tea in the summertime in the afternoon sometimes with lemon and no sugar. A glass of milk usually at dinner time.

I love a good diet pepsi...has to be fountain with lots of ice! I also drink iced tea. During the school year, I have a glass of ice water on my desk all day long and have either a dt pepsi or iced tea after school on my way home. I try to stay away from anything with caffiene after about 6 pm or I find I can't fall asleep at night. When I am sick...I need the fizz of the dt pepsi so I drink it all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Linda View Post
    Water, but I have to have fresh cut lemon in it. Crystal Lite Lemon and Lite Lemonade at fast food, if they have it.
    I like a lemon slice in mine, too. I like cucumber (or spa) water, too. But it'll never replace my DP!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
    I love a good diet pepsi...has to be fountain with lots of ice! I also drink iced tea. During the school year, I have a glass of ice water on my desk all day long and have either a dt pepsi or iced tea after school on my way home. I try to stay away from anything with caffiene after about 6 pm or I find I can't fall asleep at night. When I am sick...I need the fizz of the dt pepsi so I drink it all day long.
    When I'm sick, I want 7-Up (tho I never drink it any other tine because if I drink it, I assume I'm sick even if I'm not... LOL!).
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I have my usual couple of cups of coffee in the morning (black), then it's water the rest of the day. I try & drink a glass or two of iced green tea each day to help with neutralizing all the bad stuff I've ingested or been exposed to. Helps with weight control too. Only drink sodas when I stop at a fast food joint, which is rare anymore. I agree on the aspertane thing. After hauling food products for the past 20 years, you would be surprised as to what chemicals are in our processed foods. These manufacturers have found cheap ways to preserve the food & enhance the flavors. One day, hopefully, they'll have to change their ways, but it probably won't be in my lifetime!

After having a double mastecomy (sp?), I learned that cafeine contributes to cancer, so I only drink water - sparkling selzer is wonderful!

I used to drink Diet Dr. Pepper or iced tea almost exclusively, and very seldom drank just plain water. But then I had a kidney stone. That was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and was even worse than childbirth! The stone got stuck and I ended up having to have surgery to get it out. So, now I drink lots and lots and lots of water. I still drink lots of iced tea too, year round, and an occasional soda.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...B5F8C60F07.png
    There is no snooze button on a hungry cat!

Has anyone heard of the Harvard study about milk from modern farms causing hormone-related cancers? Quite an interesting read. I don't drink much milk at all.

http://harvardmagazine.com/2007/05/modern-milk.html

I drink water - especially at work. I can't drink milk. Sometimes, I want to taste something so I'll have a diet soda or squeeze a lemon into my water. At home is where I usually will drink something other than water.
    Happy sewing and quilting,

Janet

Reading up on osteoporosis encouraged me to give up sodas, coffee and tea several years ago. I'm pretty much a water, milk for breakfast and occasional fruit juice drinker now. I lead such a dangerous life! ;-D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast