drivers ... be careful

Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 AM

thank God///////
Old 04-09-2011, 05:55 AM

Glad no one was injured. Yes, I believe the angels were at work this day. :-)
Old 04-09-2011, 06:16 AM

All the lane drifting, nowadays, comes from talking and/or texting on cell phones. We have even reported license plate numbers to authorities when on the road. Thank goodness most of them end up in ditches, against trees, etc. and not in or on another vehicle, when they drift too far.

All you need is to be behind a car 30 seconds and you can tell when the driver is attending to other things than driving. One woman hit the curb, twice also going over the center line after curbing the car. Didn't want to be anywhere near when she hit something or someone, so I hit the horn and she did straighten up enough for me to to pass. When I got to the grocery, I reported her LP number.

Our cell phone is always in my purse and off. No one even has our number.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 AM

So scary...it does only take a moment for something to happen...why can't people pull off the road if they want to use their cellphones?!?!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 AM

Wow - glad they're all okay! We live 30 miles from Bend....and have had to go to Bend a # of times these last 3 days, because of remodeling my shop. We've seen 7 accidents on that road because of the ice/snow, but mostly because idiots keep driving on the highway like it's a clear sunny day -- and the ice has melted off. NOT true!!!! DRIVE SAFE!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Glad everyone is ok. Just so scarey.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 AM

In all my years of driving I can't ever remember crossing the center line that far. What is wrong with drivers today. Last week this driver started to change lanes an almost side swiped my car. I was right beside his car he just did not look out his side window. Mom is 85 on the passenger side let out a scream and I about wet the seat. To close for comfort. Thank God they are all ok.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Thank Goodness they are okay. People are just in to much of a hurry anymore and multi-task while driving ..crazy!!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:55 AM

I used to be a police officer and I cannot tell you how easy it is to be the victim of someone else's bad driving. In this age of cell phones, texting, a great radio and CD player, it is very easy to get distracted. I have learned to drive and focus on what is going on around me rather than what is going on in the car. If you keep your hands at 9 and 3 (not 10 and 2), and need to swerve, steer in one direction until your arms touch and then back will usually keep you from rolling or over-correcting (a little police tip-it works at 95MPH..don't ask how I know).

Also, our teens do not have internet on their cell phone, so when they start driving they cannot text. If they need to talk to someone, they can call them.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
I used to be a police officer and I cannot tell you how easy it is to be the victim of someone else's bad driving. In this age of cell phones, texting, a great radio and CD player, it is very easy to get distracted. I have learned to drive and focus on what is going on around me rather than what is going on in the car. If you keep your hands at 9 and 3 (not 10 and 2), and need to swerve, steer in one direction until your arms touch and then back will usually keep you from rolling or over-correcting (a little police tip-it works at 95MPH..don't ask how I know).

Also, our teens do not have internet on their cell phone, so when they start driving they cannot text. If they need to talk to someone, they can call them.

Thank you so much for that tip of steering correction. Not that I would drive that fast, but the info is great to know ... I'll pass it on. Again, thank you.